Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
garage hobbit!!!
1,715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As no one has said anything about Hull show I am going to give it a miss and go to Spalding instead, on the web it looks to be a bigger and better show, just don't tell my fellow members at Caistorail as they are exihibiting!!

Anyone going?

Brian
aka Bro Sewell

·
garage hobbit!!!
1,715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
If no body made the show, you missed a corker!!!

It was brill. One of the best organised this year!!

Well done to the club for organising what is effectivly a family show but with plenty for everyone from the beginner to the more serious modeller.

I look frward to exibiting in 2009!! (its fully booked til then)

Bro Sewell

·
Registered
122 Posts
I went and took two mates with me. We also met up with Mmembers of the MRC I started in Wisbech 18 months ago and some people I have known for years. I am certain I placed the mention to this same exhibition on another thread here somewhere.

Like you say though Bro, there was something for everyone there and I have Congratulated them, plus already promised to go again next year. Next weekend, I am off to the Shoeburyness one being held in Southend. As for the one up north that you mentioned, the last time I went there, I needed a Resporator (Gas mask to many) because it STUNK rotten almost everywhere I went. Upon getting home, I had to have another shower, because I had brought it home with me. I have vowed NEVER to go there again.

·
garage hobbit!!!
1,715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Was it the venue or the area that STUNK?

If its the area I can certainly agree, luckly I live on the south side of the bridge where its alot fresher!!

Shouldn't really knock Hull, its not their fault, someone has to come bottom of 'The worst place in Briton'

See you at Splading next year!!

Are Wisbeach holding a show?

Brian

·
Registered
122 Posts
I regret to announce that Wisbech is not strong enough just yet. We had an Open Day earlier this year, but to hold an exhibition, we need more members first, then to get our current layout finished. If ever we do get one organised, I will ensure it is placed on here.

Re Spalding show, I did post on the Disabled and Wheelchair thread.

As for North of the bridge where you are Bro Sewell, the area.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Hello to all. I missid the spalding show because i was at dereham railway on the crossings. I will go next time
You said about wisbech having a club were is it?. I have looked for a club to join but cant find one.I live in Heacham so would not be to far to go.

·
garage hobbit!!!
1,715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If you put in Wisbeach in the history search in the forum tools, it should bring it up, or lookup clubs, there is a web which will give you all regestered clubs contact details

Brian

·
Registered
122 Posts
QUOTE (M&GNR @ 20 Dec 2006, 09:26) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hello to all. I missid the spalding show because i was at dereham railway on the crossings. I will go next time
You said about wisbech having a club were is it?. I have looked for a club to join but cant find one.I live in Heacham so would not be to far to go.

M&GNR, I have sent you a PM re meeting place and contact details.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Thank you for the info i will defently look in to this a friend of mine is intrested if we can work out the times and place your club will gain two members.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts