Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a Sprog 2 so that could set up my newly converted DCC locos but it is proving to be a nightmare.

First problem is to discover whether the system is talking to the decoder?

All I want to do is to change a loco with an address of 6501 to 0065, how can I do this with the Sprog?

How do you save the changed setting to the decoders?

I wish that I had used £10's worth of DPDT's and stayed analog.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hi 72C

Your post is a bit vague so I'm not sure from your post how far you are getting when you use the sprog.

Assuming you have already downloaded "Decoder Pro"

Click on Decoder Pro Icon

Select Use Programming Track

A window appears offering choice of "Identifying" Chip installed in Loco - Click on "Identity"

You should then get a response indicating type of decoder.

Open Programmer (Bottom of Window)

You then get a number of option tabs at top allowing you to read or write CV settings

As you appear unable to "talk" to the decoder suggest you initially go to CV Tab and select "Read All" - this should then check settings of all CV's Available

You may get a "Loco not detected" error message - WIGGLE LOCO to try to get a reading

If you get a "Timed Out Error Message try rebooting PC

Hope this helps - if not let me know where "problem" is and I will TRY to assist.

Regards

Ian Breeden

PS - What type of decoder are you using???

QUOTE (72C @ 17 Dec 2007, 15:40) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I bought a Sprog 2 so that could set up my newly converted DCC locos but it is proving to be a nightmare.

First problem is to discover whether the system is talking to the decoder?

All I want to do is to change a loco with an address of 6501 to 0065, how can I do this with the Sprog?

How do you save the changed setting to the decoders?

I wish that I had used £10's worth of DPDT's and stayed analog.

·
Registered
825 Posts
QUOTE (wiggy25 @ 14 Jan 2008, 11:06) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>The guy who makes and sells this is a forum member he will no doubt be along to put you right!

If not send him a PM
Hmm, I missed the original post. The best thing is to ask on the SPROG Yahoo group http://uk.groups.yahoo.com/group/sprog-dcc/ Even if I'm not around there are other users usually willing to help. Alternatively, use the contact link on the SPROG II homepage.

I suspect we might have solved this one by the above route, but 72C is a bit anonymous!

Andrew Crosland

1 - 4 of 4 Posts