Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Premium Member
8,102 Posts
QUOTE Please remember that there are other people besides Brits that use this forum and have never heard the term "mains plug socket" used instead of a wall outlet

I'd have called it a power point. Oh and I am British, e.g. descended from the original inhabitants of Britain rather than from uninvited German immigrants.

As regards the Sprog and the Select, as no-one else has asked this so I guess I am going to have to, why would one person buy two items from opposite ends of the DCC spectrum? I wouldn't have thought anyone into programming would have touched the Select with a barge pole.

· Premium Member
8,102 Posts
QUOTE (dwb @ 29 Dec 2006, 10:31) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>>Well, if the North Americans did not keep messing about with English
I've heard that US English is closer to Elizabethan (the first era, that is) than UK English which means they haven't been messing about with it nearly as much as the natives - Mr. Webster excepted of course

David
(fair haired (well a long time ago) and blue eyed, so maybe only been "off the mainland" for 1000 years or so).
I believe that to be true (not the fair haired part). American English contains many expressions which died out a long time ago in England.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.