Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
BBC news

Not to surprised as it's Midland mainline and central trains east joining up. Hope they don't change the MML livery as I quite like it. Maybe more scope for the model companies though as I bet there will be a new one.

Maybe a new station for Corby; "Kettering for Corby, Kettering for Corby" how many times have I heard that running up and down the MML in the early HST days.

Darren

·
Chief mouser
11,775 Posts
Interesting, I personally feel that if Stagecoach apply a livery similar to South West Trains using a variation of their standard bus livery then it will really suit the HST fleet.

Regards

John

·
Registered
882 Posts
I have quite a bit of influence at Stagecoach Group, and I could even submit my N gauge model layout to them for sponsorship
Sadly, a station in Corby would probably be built just as the franchise expires!
http://www.stagecoachgroup.com/scg/media/p...007/2007-06-22/
If you scroll down :
Corby Station and Rail Service
A competitive option has been offered to the Department for Transport for the provision of rail services to a potential new rail station at Corby

I am actually quite surprised that Stagecoach were awarded this franchise, although it does present some good opportunities for integrated transport which the current fanchise operator does not

I will also ask them for some early proofs on the livery they plan to use

Furthermore, this makes it very unlikely that Virgin Trains will be awarded the East Coast franchise, as that takes Stageocach to the maximum number of franchises it is permitted to be involved in (the record was previously held by NatEx)

·
Registered
99 Posts
If it means that the Stansted airport train actually runs to Stansted airport instead of being cancelled or terminating at Cambridge, then great!

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
QUOTE (dwilson9 @ 24 Jun 2007, 10:07) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>If it means that the Stansted airport train actually runs to Stansted airport instead of being cancelled or terminating at Cambridge, then great!

This service becomes part of the new Cross Country franchise.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts