Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I really have a fondness for [BAchmann's] standard 2MT.............but what I really want to know is........what are the options for finding/making a standard 2MT 2-6-2 tank...or a 3MT 2-6-2T?

·
Registered
27 Posts
If by "standard" you mean BR standard, I've some bad news for you.

Bachmann don't make a Standard 2MT - they make its very similar LMS predecessor, the Ivatt 2MT. Aside from the obvious numbering giveaway (46xxx rather than 78xxx) there are a number of detail differences - most notably the cab profile and the filled-in running plate ahead of the cylinders.

The 2MT 2-6-2T Bachmann once produced was, likewise, its earlier LMS cousin - not the BR standard.

·
Premium Member
560 Posts
However if you have some patience I'm sure that Bachmann will be producing the std2 in the near future (Bachmann timing of course) It may even be in their 2008 catalogue, so that'll be late 2009 at the soonest.

I for one can't wait for it and have picked out my number as well, my local std2 78019

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
to be honest, it was the reading of an article in this month's issue of Model Rail concerning a 7mm version, that reminded me.

The BR standard 2MT tank was, I believe, simply a tank version of the tender loco, with obvious mods?

Is this right?

[if so, then Bachmann already have 2/3rds of the chassis?.......perhaps a body kit, someone?]

1 - 6 of 6 Posts