Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was on business in Nottingham on 17/09 and whilst waiting for the 17:39 train to Ely, I killed time by taking a few pics of Nottingham Express Transit (NET) cars at their Station Street Terminus.

Car 212 in the morning rush hour after disgorging its load.

Car 205 'Lord Byron' ready to depart on a Phoenix Park service.

Cars 205 and 203 at the stops on Phoenix Park and Hucknall services respectively.

Car 206 just arrived from Phoenix Park.

Now off to the same client's Croydon office today!!!

Dave

·
Chief mouser
11,775 Posts
In which case we look forwrd to photos of the Croydon trams as well

Regards

·
No Longer Active.
13,319 Posts
I have to say that the Nottingham Trams look somewhat sleeker than the Croydon ones (but then the Croydon ones have to be flying brick/bottle resistant !).

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
QUOTE (Brian Considine @ 18 Sep 2008, 16:01) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I have to say that the Nottingham Trams look somewhat sleeker than the Croydon ones (but then the Croydon ones have to be flying brick/bottle resistant !).

Tram goes through some fairly rough bits of Nottingham too... Way back when, I heard from the GM of Sheffield Supertram that people thrown off the tram would often chuck a handful of ballast at it as it left, and the windscreens were £800 a time.

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
QUOTE (BRITHO @ 18 Sep 2008, 15:53) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>In which case we look forwrd to photos of the Croydon trams as well

Regards

Sorry, the audit in Croydon over-ran and I wanted to get home, so I didn't have time to take any pics.

Dave

·
Chief mouser
11,775 Posts
QUOTE (Piermaster @ 19 Sep 2008, 06:26) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Sorry, the audit in Croydon over-ran and I wanted to get home, so I didn't have time to take any pics.

Oh well - C'est la vie

Regards

1 - 6 of 6 Posts