Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know about the splendid Steve Jones ? His excellent Electric Nose website hasn't been updated for some while.

Whilst I dont agree with all of his views, he usually has a good point or two, plus several very helpful "how to" articles on his site.

I do hope he's alright

·
Registered
110 Posts
I was wondering the same. It was his site which helped me convert my first non DCC ready to DCC fitted status, luckily all went as planned and I thank him for the info, but no contact details listed.
Iwould also like to know what has happened.

·
In depth idiot
7,675 Posts
Back in about September 2007 he mentioned that there were some heavy work commitments coming his way, and that probably meant that time for hobby pursuits was going to be lacking for a while.

·
is asleep
758 Posts
Yes, I sorely miss Electric Nose!

He writes very well and with delicious syntax to my mind, and his model photographs and articles are very good as you say.

·
Registered
208 Posts
He is still about and posts on RMweb at regular intervals. He did say that he would not be able to update his site for a number of months due to working away from home. He has helped me on several occasions with DCC questions and his advice has always been good.

I hope he sees these messages and can update his site and photos of his layout if he has been able to progress it.

regards

mike g

·
Registered
1 Posts
Ditto everybody else. And if you're reading this Steve, many many thanks for your help in converting me to DCC. Even the simple stuff! There must be hundreds of modellers up and down the land who've read your pages and thought "you know, i wouldn't mind trying that myself" and did. So whatever you're drinking, there's a pint in my local, The Black Bear, waiting for you.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
QUOTE (dubdee @ 5 Feb 2008, 18:49) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Ditto everybody else. And if you're reading this Steve, many many thanks for your help in converting me to DCC. Even the simple stuff! There must be hundreds of modellers up and down the land who've read your pages and thought "you know, i wouldn't mind trying that myself" and did. So whatever you're drinking, there's a pint in my local, The Black Bear, waiting for you.
Steve's cost me a few bob too ! HIs photographic website encouranged me to buy a film scanner and then a digital SLR when they were still very pricey.

I actually met him at Slindon one warm sunny night about 8 years ago. He's just as forthright in real life as he is on the web - and all the better for it.

Cheers Steve !

1 - 7 of 7 Posts