Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking about adding a still water pond/lake to my rail scenery. For the deep water effect I'm not sure whether to use casing resin or the easier to use Woodlandscencis product. My only reservation about the woodland scenics bottle is that I've heard that the water remains a bit sticky and attracts a lot of dust. Has anyone had any experience of this.
Please give me your opinion on the woodland scenics water effect and if you think the end result is better than using casting or epoxy resin
Thanks
Keith

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
QUOTE (wiggy25 @ 13 Oct 2007, 23:41) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Bit of a close up of the dockside.

Image is a little blurred, if you need another just ask I will do one tomorrow when it's light!
This is the Realistic Water.

Ian

Thanks for that. I like the green seaweed along the walls. Woodlandscencis water certainly seems good. Does anyone know it give as higher gloss as epoxy or casting resin?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
QUOTE (bangerblueed @ 13 Oct 2007, 18:59) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I received my subscription copy of model rail today and noticed an article in there on the subject there is quite an array of products available on the market now !

Yes, I also got my copy. Shame they didn't compare the products with other general resins and varnishes.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
QUOTE (alastairq @ 13 Oct 2007, 16:46) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>dust is always an issue with 'water'

whatever happened to layers of high gloss yacht varnish?

I was wandering about yacht (or some other high gloss) varnish. How many coates would you need to apply. Tony Hill at simplyscenery:
http://www.simplyscenery.com/images1.shtml
has made some good water effects using acrylic varnish. Anybody tried this?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.