Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,397 Posts
QUOTE (khuws @ 15 Oct 2007, 08:41) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Did you use any specific brand/type of epoxy resin?
Yes, but I'm not sure what it is. I just remember what shelf it is in in the hardware store and what it looks like. The same brand may not be available in the UK. The important thing is to ensure that it is 100% clear. There are some types which have pigment. You don't want any colour as you may wish to add your own for say, a bottom layer with a slight tint to give an impression of depth.

I'll try to have a look when I get home tonight.

·
Premium Member
7,397 Posts
QUOTE (mikelhh @ 15 Oct 2007, 23:00) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Neil - that water's up with the best I've seen.
Very glossy. I'm looking forward to reading which brand of resin you've used.

Mike
Bugger, I forgot to go out to the garage when I got home. I will send myself an email to make sure I do tonight. I got it from Bunnings though so you will get it in Brisbane.

·
Premium Member
7,397 Posts
The stuff I used is called "Glass Coat" with the subtitle "premium Timber Finish"

It is epoxy resin but is 100% transparent it is an Australian product and available from Bunnings for those who live over here. I'm fairly confident that a similar product will be available from B & Q or Home Base in the UK.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.