Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Paul Hamilton aka "Lancashire Fusilier"
844 Posts
QUOTE (neil_s_wood @ 7 Apr 2006, 06:08) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>You're still better off than we are in Australia. If I subscribe I pay twice as much as I would out the newsagent. But if I buy from the newsagent I get a two month old copy. It is possible to buy a new copy from some of the model rail shops but at twice the price as it has been airfreighted in.

This is a bit of a pain when there are competitions as they have always expired by the time you get your magazine.

I hear you brother. Paid AU$16.00 last weekend for the March Railway Modeller at Stanbridges in Perth. But I loved the mag though - not complaining just need to budget it into the hobby account I guess!

·
Paul Hamilton aka &quot;Lancashire Fusilier&quot;
844 Posts
QUOTE (neil_s_wood @ 7 Apr 2006, 09:09) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Thats still better than here. I pay $20 at Branchline in Melbourne for the latest one. Although having said that I notice that older ones are still selling there at $20. I don't know who they think is going to pay that when you can get it from the newsagent for $10 when its two months old.

I tend to buy the two month old ones unless I know there's something like a competition happening.

I can't find a newsagent that stocks them at all. And only one out of four hobby shops I have been to stocks it either.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.