Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Wife and I are celebrating our 10th wedding anniversary this year and she has bought for me the NRM Deltic Box set that comes with the blue prototype and KOYLI (BR green and yellow) what rolling stock is suitable

Steve

·
Chief mouser
11,775 Posts
Maroon BR mark ones, Pullmans, LNER stock in BR livery - that should do for starters.

Regards

·
Premium Member
2,578 Posts
Anything but LNER! From reading the very good review and the potted history of the Deltic on this forum I learned that the Deltic was actually used on LMS lines first and the LNER nicked it!
Steve
Ive now ducked to avoid the crossfire from eastern region fans!

·
In depth idiot
7,685 Posts
DP1 did significant test operation on LMR from 1955, then ran in service on ER from about 1958 - 1961. Of what is available RTR, Stanier coaches and BR mk1's in Crimson and cream on LMR; Gresley coaches and BR mk1, mostly in maroon while on ER.

For the production Deltic, mainly BR mk1's in maroon. By the time these locos came into service the cull of pre-BR stock from the fast services that the Deltics operated was near complete. Am I correct in thinking that KOYLI is two tone green, with no yellow panel on the ends? That means a very narrow window of operation from delivery in 1961, and getting the SYP by about April 1962

·
Chief mouser
11,775 Posts
QUOTE (wolverton bloomer @ 4 Feb 2009, 17:39) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Anything but LNER!

I was referring to the BR production version.

Regards

·
Premium Member
2,578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'll narrow it down, Euston to liverpool services, which stock from those metioned above!
Cheers

1 - 6 of 6 Posts