Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a quicky to say hi to y'all, signed up today and thought i'd better drop a line as it'd be rude not to.

Cheers.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
QUOTE (Brian Considine @ 19 Jun 2008, 08:47) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hi & welcome to MRF.

What is your preffered scale & what are you modelling at the moment ?

I have to say that I am most partial to OO guage, I have been in to model railways ever since I was a small boy, but have never had a permenant layout, Since I bought a house last year I have been working on a layout in my loft, not yet got the base boards complete but have started them. I have designed my layout using D-rail a program that I found on the internet, which I must say is very good. The layout has come from my imagination and is yet to be named, I do not have a favorate period of time and have many steam and diesel/electric locos. It has to be said that I am quite partial to Class 43's, don't know why, just love them.

I have a few projects on the go at the moment also but they are other stories.

Cheers.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hello Mr G and welcome on board!

Sounds like you're in a similar position to me exept that I am restricted to a 6' 6" by 4' board. I'm playing with XtrkCad which is OK, if a little unwieldy at first but OK after you get more familiar with it (took me a while!) but I've already realised that my desire for double track is a little unrealistic, so I'm trying to make things more interesting elsewhere on the layout. I may give D-rail a try. Another recommendation is Winrail.

I'm also modelling diesel era, but restricting it to late 60's to mid-80's (might narrow it down later on). I have no recollection of the late 60's myself but couldn't resist incorporating the diesel hydraulics which have always held a fascination.

Anyway, good luck and look forward to reports of progress! There's plenty of advice to be had here on the various forums, so enjoy.

Cheers
Sulzerjev

QUOTE (Mr_G @ 19 Jun 2008, 20:49) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I have to say that I am most partial to OO guage, I have been in to model railways ever since I was a small boy, but have never had a permenant layout, Since I bought a house last year I have been working on a layout in my loft, not yet got the base boards complete but have started them. I have designed my layout using D-rail a program that I found on the internet, which I must say is very good. The layout has come from my imagination and is yet to be named, I do not have a favorate period of time and have many steam and diesel/electric locos. It has to be said that I am quite partial to Class 43's, don't know why, just love them.

I have a few projects on the go at the moment also but they are other stories.

Cheers.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts