Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In an auction a few years ago I got a whole heap of super 4 track too much to just let sit around, and im wondering weather there is anyone who still makes compatible track?

·
Administrator
9,844 Posts
You are looking for super 4 track?
David

·
Premium Member
2,650 Posts
If you want Super 4 track you will have to purchase it second hand.

Good quality Super 4 track commands surprisingly high prices with some pieces being in very short supply. Tri-ang Society membership has increased 13% in the last 12 months so that would suggest a resurgence in interest in Tri-ang material from the 1950's and 1960's.

See if you can pick up some R476 converter tracks which will connect up your old Super 4 to current Hornby track. Surprisingly many new locomotives will run on the old track but there are some older locomotives that will not run on the new as they have deep flanges on the wheels.

I do know that Hornby have their knockers for sticking with track that is considered to have toy track dimensions but there are many thousands out there who run collectable and secondhand locomotives and they (like myself) are no doubt grateful that Hornby take their needs into account.

Happy modelling
Gary

·
Administrator
9,844 Posts
>Indeed Super 4 track is quite highly priced
Maybe I should check the old stuff I have in the attic; it might be worth something.

>series 3
I've got a couple of pieces of that - 4 half straights and a box (6 pieces) of curves

David

·
Premium Member
2,650 Posts
If its in the attic and has not been used for 30 years forget it. It will be covered in rust. I scrapped all my attic stuff a long time ago. Thats probably what caused the shortage!

Happy modelling
Gary

1 - 6 of 6 Posts