Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,740 Posts
QUOTE " With the growth of Hornby Skaledale buildings, we've seen a decline in demand for traditional card building kits. The OO scale Superquick range is one of the oldest Card kit ranges and we've decided to stop selling the range from this month. All existing models are now reduced in price, so hurry to pick them up whilst stock remains "

Ontracks is a virtually pure mail order company I believe. Mail order companies don't like shipping card products because they are very heavy relative to their sales value and margins and they normally are unable to recoup their standard shipping costs. They are not "mail order friendly" shall we say. The latest changes to size related postal charging does not help either. Card buildings are incredible value for the size of the building and there will always be a market IMHO however I can understand why mail order companies are not keen.

Happy modelling
Gary

·
Premium Member
2,740 Posts
QUOTE Good point about A4 format envelopes. Now if the company could just produce their kits in A5 format the postage would be SOOO much cheaper!

Totally agree! This comment should be passed on to SuperQuick and Metcalfe.

I can fully understand why cardboard kits are not popular as UK mail order items under the new postal regime. It can actually be cheaper in some circumstances to ship overseas!

Happy modelling
Gary

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.