Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Apoligise if this is the wrong section, but couldn't find a 'for sale/wanted/swap' one.

Anyway, I have an n-gauge Fleischmann BR50 model 7175 with a cabin tender, which I'm converting in to a BR50(UK). Before I take a model knife to the tender and remove the cabin, I though I would offer it up for swap with anyone with a standard tender body.

The model is used and has slight damage to the corner of the cabin roof, and one of the rear ladders broken off.

If you are interested, either post below, or PM me.

Cheers, Al.

·
Registered
305 Posts
QUOTE (Al @ 14 Dec 2007, 19:18) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Apoligise if this is the wrong section, but couldn't find a 'for sale/wanted/swap' one.

Anyway, I have an n-gauge Fleischmann BR50 model 7175 with a cabin tender, which I'm converting in to a BR50(UK). Before I take a model knife to the tender and remove the cabin, I though I would offer it up for swap with anyone with a standard tender body.

The model is used and has slight damage to the corner of the cabin roof, and one of the rear ladders broken off.

If you are interested, either post below, or PM me.

Cheers, Al.

Fleischmann sell a full range of spares and I expect you could buy the tender body you require without needing to hack up the old one.

·
No Longer Active.
13,319 Posts
QUOTE (simonj @ 25 Dec 2007, 21:22) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Fleischmann sell a full range of spares and I expect you could buy the tender body you require without needing to hack up the old one.

That's one area that Fleischmann excel in - spare parts & if in stock at the factory any FLM Dealer will be able to get it quickly on their next order.

Just one point - the tender weights can vary, so you may also have to trim some weight off to get the replacement/modified body to fit.

·
Registered
305 Posts
QUOTE (Al @ 26 Dec 2007, 09:16) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Already got one on order. However in the meantime, the cabin tender has gone under the knife, and the result isn't too bad...

I noticed on your photo you've removed those two little handles (like wire hoops) from the back of the tender body. How are they attached? Do they come away easily or do you have to destroy them to remove them? I only ask as one of them on my Class50 is slightly damaged and I have considered gettting it replaced. The only difficulty is that its the limited edition version with weathering that came with the tankers.

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The handles simplepush through the tender body. I think they're held in place with a dob of glue or tape. I've still got them it you need a replacement..

·
Registered
305 Posts
QUOTE (Al @ 30 Dec 2007, 15:03) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>The handles simplepush through the tender body. I think they're held in place with a dob of glue or tape. I've still got them it you need a replacement..

Hi, thanks for the offer. Not sure if I've got the bottle to break my model apart to fit them. My version is weathered and not pure black like the standard lines. How much do you want for them?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts