Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought I would add a few photo's of todays task on my work bench. I have fitted a SWD sound decoder into a early Bachmann class 37.

1. Grind down 4 grooves on top of chassis, this allows the 20 x 40mm speaker to sit nicely on top.

2. Then cut out notches inside bodyshell to allow clearance.

3. Mount speaker with double sided tape and secure decoder at the other end of chassis.

I may well fit the bass reflex speaker in the fuel tanks facing downwards. The sound is much deeper with the oval speaker than the round one supplied.
Both speakers are from DCC supplies. I will add a movie clip tomorrow.

·
Registered
334 Posts
2 x 23 ml speakers in the tanks give the best sound for 37 for most people. i have several variants of speaker set up but thats what most prefere. Still, its always nice to have something different.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The problem with the speakers pointing down is you loose some of the sound detail. One facing up and one down gives the best overall sound. But is personal preference and this sounds good to me.

·
Registered
334 Posts
QUOTE (fordy361 @ 7 Dec 2008, 12:51) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>The problem with the speakers pointing down is you loose some of the sound detail. One facing up and one down gives the best overall sound. But is personal preference and this sounds good to me.

I have not found that to be so, but as long as your happy.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts