Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
No Longer Active.
13,319 Posts
QUOTE (Smokeyone @ 8 Apr 2007, 06:21) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>After fiddling around for ages I have decided to start in digital.
Have finally chosen the Fleischmann Twin Centre and will probably purchase via a start set.
Seems the best value way to get a set up.
Would still be grateful for any views on either the Fleischmann Twin Centre
or the start set.
http://www.ontracks.co.uk/index.php?page=p...7622&catID=
Thanks very much

Good choice the FLM TC - we use them to control St.Laurent.

Although the TC has been around for a while there is not much it cannot do - IMHO the best "desk type" console around.

Ontracks price is excellent & if you only really want the TC you can get around £150 + for the rest of the set.

The 218 may have the FLM Twin-Decoder fitted which is a little tricky to fully set up - if you have problems with it change it for a Lenz or ESU.

The transformer supplied with the set is good for around 3 x locos - once you start adding sound and/or coach lighting you will need to use a larger transformer - either the FLM 6812 or Viessmann do a good range. You could also source a transformer from Maplin, but if you do please make sure that it is constructed safely !

Hope this helps - please let us know how you get on & if you have any more questions then please ask away.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
QUOTE (dbclass50 @ 8 Apr 2007, 08:07) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Good choice the FLM TC - we use them to control St.Laurent.

Although the TC has been around for a while there is not much it cannot do - IMHO the best "desk type" console around.

Ontracks price is excellent & if you only really want the TC you can get around £150 + for the rest of the set.

The 218 may have the FLM Twin-Decoder fitted which is a little tricky to fully set up - if you have problems with it change it for a Lenz or ESU.

The transformer supplied with the set is good for around 3 x locos - once you start adding sound and/or coach lighting you will need to use a larger transformer - either the FLM 6812 or Viessmann do a good range. You could also source a transformer from Maplin, but if you do please make sure that it is constructed safely !

Hope this helps - please let us know how you get on & if you have any more questions then please ask away.

Thanks for the advice. Have also just spotted this at ontracks - does it still seem good value and the tank engine looks good.
http://www.ontracks.co.uk/index.php?page=p...36&catID=89

Cheers

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
QUOTE (dbclass50 @ 8 Apr 2007, 19:33) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Again, good value - basically it's really down to your choice of locomotive/rolling stock.

As soon as I have had a try out of the set I think there might be
some track up for grabs on ebay, unless someone has a better
idea.

Cheers

·
No Longer Active.
13,319 Posts
QUOTE (Smokeyone @ 9 Apr 2007, 06:01) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>As soon as I have had a try out of the set I think there might be
some track up for grabs on ebay, unless someone has a better
idea.

Cheers

Knowing the way FLM Profi track goes for on eBay you may very well get near to retail for it !
Ah-ha - my 1,000th post (at least I beat that BRITHO bloke to it !).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.