Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.rmweb.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=22163

in the above link, discovered by 'accident', take a look at Brian Harrap's craftsmanship in 1:220 scale....P220!!!!

this is the same as Z gauge, but ''fine scale''...... including that 6.5mm gauge track..Plus 4.5mmgauge, Zm for metre gauge!!!

I don't know what size rail he used...maybe 5 amp fuse wire??

check out the underframe piccy demonstrating the comparison with normal Z gauge wheelset...and Brian's fine scale wheelset........hard to believe this isn't HO or bigger

·
Chief mouser
11,775 Posts
That Z is superb. I remember reading about the construction of it in the GRS magazine "Merkur" a few years ago. I have to agree with Brian about yellow cars though!

I also liked the (presumably) gauge 1 photographer.

Regards

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Rowan,

Thanks for the bimp, otherwise may never have seen this - AMAZING. Really like the bridges of various types in the early shots. As already said hard to imagine its -Z guage. Stunning modelling is an under statement.

Cheers,

Norm

·
No Longer Active.
13,319 Posts
QUOTE (Norman Byrne @ 26 Jan 2013, 10:30) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Rowan,

Thanks for the bimp, otherwise may never have seen this - AMAZING. Really like the bridges of various types in the early shots. As already said hard to imagine its -Z guage. Stunning modelling is an under statement.

Cheers,

Norm

Been watching The Pink Panther have we ?

·
Registered
171 Posts
Splendid stuff! I've looked at those photos several times already. By the way, Zm (4.5mm) track used to be available through Aspen Model Trains, but they don't seem to be selling it any more.

·
Registered
171 Posts
QUOTE (Brian Considine @ 27 Jan 2013, 05:00) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Been watching The Pink Panther have we ?

Shouldn't he have spelled that 'bermp'?

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Hi Gary,

Certainly its a wonderful model, & at the size & detail something of a masterpiece. I think its one of those layouts that everytime you look you see something you overlooked before !

Hope its given you plenty of inspiration for your Z guage layout.

Like the PP comment LOL !

Cheers,

Norm

1 - 11 of 11 Posts