Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Again from the same chap who has filmed the TCDD 8F, a TCDD Kriegslok with a Steifrahmentender ! Also very rare footage.

Now check how the whistle is being blown by the driver once he realizes that he is being filmed. His way of showing off.

Remember, Richard, in one thread we had discussed the whistles, and I said I want one of those. Well this is it.

Enjoy;

Baykal

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
QUOTE (Brian Considine @ 14 Jan 2009, 21:15) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Thanks for the link - interesting exhaust beat on the 52.

I thought it sounded a bit unusual , after looking at the 8F link in the other post I spent a bit of time surfing Youtube and listening to different BR52s and they were all quite different to each other

Regards

Zmil

·
Just another modeller
9,983 Posts
*** Hi Erkut - No Problem -can do!

Richard

QUOTE (ebaykal @ 14 Jan 2009, 06:10) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Again from the same chap who has filmed the TCDD 8F, a TCDD Kriegslok with a Steifrahmentender ! Also very rare footage.

Now check how the whistle is being blown by the driver once he realizes that he is being filmed. His way of showing off.

Remember, Richard, in one thread we had discussed the whistles, and I said I want one of those. Well this is it.

Enjoy;

Baykal

·
Registered
233 Posts
If you can find the old Argo records, it should confirm that the high pitched TCDD whistle was common on BR52's in the Izmir area.

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
QUOTE (72C @ 14 Jan 2009, 17:43) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>......... it should confirm that the high pitched TCDD whistle was common on BR52's in the Izmir area.

Exactly, not only the 52 but 57 and 50's had this high pitched whistles all modified, nowhere near to their German counterparts.

In the Loksound inventory the nearest to these high pitch sounds is the Br55 and Br78 whistles.

Baykal

1 - 7 of 7 Posts