Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
DT
4,794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

As Spider-Man 3 comes out, 10 Zen Monkeys has given us "Ten Worst Spiderman Tie-Ins".

Here is the Spiderman Freight train. I'm sure my kid would enjoy it though, so perhaps we could inspire a new generation to get into model railways...

They say: "Not only could Spider-Man stop a freight train - he is a freight train.

What kid hasn't dreamed of replacing fighting superheroes with drawings of them on the sides of a box car. Just imagine the thrilling battles when the Spider-Man boxcar fights the Green Goblin boxcar - to boxcar death.

The real moral of this story is that Sony didn't need to spend a quarter of a billion dollars making Spiderman 3. Kids would rather stay home playing with trains."

[via 10zenmonkeys]

·
Premium Member
2,650 Posts
Does Spiderman dive into the boxcar like the Triang Giraffe used to when a tunnel is coming up?

We do need more kit like this on the shelves to fill the void between Thomas The Tank Engine and proper trains.

I am a great fan of the Battle Space Turbo Car and have noted the excellent correspondence on this at MRE Mag. Warley MRC were glued when I had my example whizzing around one of the club layouts the other week. It sorted out all the loose scenic flock! Forget the Blue Pullman and the EM2 and other Triang classics that folk are crowing for. The one and only Battle Space Turbo Car is THE classic that "Triang" should reintroduce as a limited edition as kids (and adults) would snap it up in huge numbers! And forget this nanny state nonsense. If a few fingers get sliced off and the odd spiking takes place its all in the name of fun!

It could even be renamed a Spider Man Battle Web Turbo Car!

Happy modelling
Gary

The authors own personal Battle Space Turbo car. If "Triang" do pop in note that the colours already have a Spiderman theme so its simply a case of designing a few stickers and packaging and bobs your uncle! And for youngsters who may not be familiar with what dad (or even grandpa!) played with this loco may represent something of a shock! :-

·
Administrator
9,844 Posts
>We do need more kit like this on the shelves to fill the void between Thomas The Tank Engine and proper trains.
If anyone is desperate to experience a railway location which is also a "Thomas free zone", try "Cite du Train" in Mulhouse, France. The souvenir shop stocks plenty of LGB but not a Thomas item in sight when I was there last summer.

Sky Plant Rectangle Land lot Asphalt

David

Attachments

·
No Longer Active.
13,319 Posts
QUOTE (Gary @ 4 May 2007, 19:41) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>If "Triang" do pop in note that the colours already have a Spiderman theme so its simply a case of designing a few stickers and packaging and bobs your uncle! And for youngsters who may not be familiar with what dad (or even grandpa!) played with this loco may represent something of a shock! :-

Great idea !

Looks like an opportunity missed unless ;
Cost of producing item = £4.50
Cost of liciencing = £6.50

Eventually pricing the thing off the market (who know, the bean counters may already have done their sums).

I remember replacing the spike on mine with a sharpened nail to help destroy Airfix planes & Minic Motorway vehicles placed in it's path !

Be great if Hornby did produce it again - thing is will it be DCC fitted or DCC ready ?

·
Chief mouser
11,775 Posts
Didn't Hornby do a sort of jurassic park sort of thing?

Regards

John

·
Registered
36 Posts
QUOTE (BRITHO @ 8 May 2007, 14:56) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Didn't Hornby do a sort of jurassic park sort of thing?

Regards

John

there was a dino safari set, not jurassic park tie in merchandise, just trying to cash in on the dino craze

·
Chief mouser
11,775 Posts
QUOTE (mifsit @ 8 May 2007, 14:01) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>there was a dino safari set, not jurassic park tie in merchandise, just trying to cash in on the dino craze

That's the one! Thank you - couldn't remember the name.

Regards

John

·
Paul Hamilton aka &quot;Lancashire Fusilier&quot;
844 Posts
Well I for one like the Spiderman train - I think that if it does get a child involved in the hobby then it is a good thing.

·
Registered
36 Posts
QUOTE (Lancashire Fusilier @ 9 May 2007, 07:49) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Well I for one like the Spiderman train - I think that if it does get a child involved in the hobby then it is a good thing.

My lad's a bit young for spiderman, but loves thomas the tank engine

1 - 11 of 11 Posts