Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,462 Posts
I have been building a large shed of A4s most are tender drive and as I have found a new silver link loco drive was a very poor runner up against a silver link tender drive which just keeped on pulling up a hill side with in the end 9 coaches the loco drive would only pull 3. There so easy to fit decoders in and you have all the room in the train for smoke and sound were the sound should come from.

·
Premium Member
3,462 Posts
As I have said before like Cameron have found tender drive converted to DCC very good runners . It takes less than 10 mi nits to convert to DCC . and you then have all that room smoke sound lights
And unlike Camerons keep pulling they out pull my new train driven models.

·
Premium Member
3,462 Posts
When I say it takes less than 10 min to convert to DCC I have beforehand clean and oil the motor fitted new brushes and springs and end caps. I also cheek the brass gear on the motor shaft as it can start to slip so make sure it is tight,, I got some new replacements off ebay, but so far have only had to replace one.As Beeman said keep it clean and oiled and they run fine

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.