Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanted to start a thread about whats on our respective benches at the moment but i didnt know where to put it so i thought i would start here with mine.

I am currently doing a Night Ferry coach.

Body shell in its current state.

Interior

Attaching the ends

i have 4 DC kits TPO's on the go

A 5 car coronation set (soon to be upgraded to the full 9 cars.

Peter

·
Premium Member
7,397 Posts
You must have a hell of a lot of spare time. I am still trying to finish the glazing on my conservatory (model) and I've been at that for a month. It's amazing what kids can do to your modelling time. My workbench has become more of a dumping ground of late and is mainly used for DIY rather than modelling. I tend to do model in the box or a larger box from another kit. Saves having to go out into the garage in winter. Then I can build them in the house.

Is that A4 a kit or a ready to run?

·
Premium Member
3,614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I work unsociable hours but i only work 7 days a fortnight so i often find myself doing modelling when the rest of london is fast asleep! its amazing how much you can get done when all there is to watch on telly is news 24 or BBC sign zone!

The A4 is the bachmann (ex mainline) model. it was a present from my father at the york railfest. its a great runner. very smooth.

Peter

·
Premium Member
7,397 Posts
Reminds me of when I was a student at UNL. I had plenty of time at hand then. Wish I had now.

I also have one of the Bachmann A4's. The one I have is the Empire of India which came in a nice wooden box. It is a good runner. Never had any problems with it.

·
Administrator
9,844 Posts
That looks really good Peter, how heavy is it? (and I don't know the weight of an RTR coach either)

David

·
Administrator
9,844 Posts
>its in thick brass so i think about 400g.
I think I'd worry more about stopping...

David

·
Premium Member
3,614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The body and ends and roof all came in at 200g so i am expecting the finished article to weigh in at 400g.
Total train weight (6 sleepers and a break van. i wont use the mk1's of the SNCF break vans as i think they look untidy!) about 2.5kg. definatly a double header!!

I got the roof on but i am not very happy with the fit and it might come off again. i got a good fit the other night but then i adjusted a bit and then another bit and it all went down hill from there.

Peter

·
Administrator
9,844 Posts
>Total train weight (6 sleepers and a break van. i wont use the mk1's of the SNCF break vans as i think they look untidy!) about 2.5kg.

or two and a half bags of sugar. I have a 1kg bag of liquid lead and that's quite heavy enough! Maybe you should switch to US outline and put together one of those 3 unit rigs?

David

·
No Longer Active.
13,319 Posts
looking at the state of my workbench at the moment (actually I can't see the top at all) I'd be ashamed to post a pic of it !

best regards
Brian

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
My NSWGR Garrett is on the bench again. The little darling has developed another intermitant short, again!

Joining it is A DJH Lickey Banker and DJH BR St4 2-6-0. I'm going to rework the pickup arrangement on the Lickey as the described way of fitting it does'nt account for a new Romford gearbox.
If the Garret picture comes out I'll add some more.
Damn, well no pictures again I keep getting a format error? saying I can't use that image extension. Clues anyone.

Ozzie21

·
Premium Member
7,397 Posts
QUOTE (Ozzie21 @ 2 Nov 2006, 10:25) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>My NSWGR Garrett is on the bench again. The little darling has developed another intermitant short, again!

Joining it is A DJH Lickey Banker and DJH BR St4 2-6-0. I'm going to rework the pickup arrangement on the Lickey as the described way of fitting it does'nt account for a new Romford gearbox.
If the Garret picture comes out I'll add some more.
Damn, well no pictures again I keep getting a format error? saying I can't use that image extension. Clues anyone.

Ozzie21
Are your photos jpeg images? Is the error when you try to put them onto the forum? I'd like to see your pictures of your Garrat so hopefully we can get this sorted for you.

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
okay I'll try this.

Ozzie21

QUOTE (Doug @ 2 Nov 2006, 10:14) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Images have to have extensions of .jpg, .gif or .png. I think one or two other work too, but some image hosting sites use a URL to link to an image. You need to get the filename to show up.

1 - 20 of 74 Posts