Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,397 Posts
You must have a hell of a lot of spare time. I am still trying to finish the glazing on my conservatory (model) and I've been at that for a month. It's amazing what kids can do to your modelling time. My workbench has become more of a dumping ground of late and is mainly used for DIY rather than modelling. I tend to do model in the box or a larger box from another kit. Saves having to go out into the garage in winter. Then I can build them in the house.

Is that A4 a kit or a ready to run?

·
Premium Member
7,397 Posts
QUOTE (Ozzie21 @ 2 Nov 2006, 10:25) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>My NSWGR Garrett is on the bench again. The little darling has developed another intermitant short, again!

Joining it is A DJH Lickey Banker and DJH BR St4 2-6-0. I'm going to rework the pickup arrangement on the Lickey as the described way of fitting it does'nt account for a new Romford gearbox.
If the Garret picture comes out I'll add some more.
Damn, well no pictures again I keep getting a format error? saying I can't use that image extension. Clues anyone.

Ozzie21
Are your photos jpeg images? Is the error when you try to put them onto the forum? I'd like to see your pictures of your Garrat so hopefully we can get this sorted for you.

·
Premium Member
7,397 Posts
QUOTE (Ozzie21 @ 9 Nov 2006, 17:41) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Neil, Thats the Allegheny that's up for sale if anyone is interested. It's DCC fitted, working lights, twin Grizzily Mountain Engineering Chuff cams and a Tsnumai sound decoder. It's a Key model of 86 vintage I think. A$2200 and it's yours.

Ozzie21
Tempted though I am Ozzie, I'd better decline that one as I'd be getting divorced if I went for it. It really is a beaut though.

·
Premium Member
7,397 Posts
QUOTE (Ozzie21 @ 9 Nov 2006, 18:21) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Aw Neil, be a man!! You could at least torment her with the picture. I'll send you a better one when I head down south in a few days. I haven't got to many pictures of my locos on this laptop due to limited space.
Ozzie21
I may well do that. Very impressed with the pictures Ozzie. Look forward to seeing more. You might have convinced me to give the Garrat kit a go.

·
Premium Member
7,397 Posts
QUOTE (Ozzie21 @ 10 Nov 2006, 00:32) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Neil, if you are considering the Garrett budget around a hundered hours to get it built. I's farly easy to convert to DCC as it's aready supplied with individual pickups but the hard thing is finding a spot for the decoder. When I built the boiler section I made it so the boiler could be seperated from the footplate. Trouble was I was away for a few weeks and when I came back I started to solder all the bits onto the boiler forgetting than I needed it to come apart to fit the decoder into. A few choice words were said that day.

Ozzie21
Ozzie, is your kit the DJH one or the Footplate models one?

Thanks mate.

·
Premium Member
7,397 Posts
QUOTE (Ozzie21 @ 13 Nov 2006, 19:18) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Neil, no they are RTR if you can call american brass that. They are terrific models but they are for the most part "collectors items".and most people buy them and leave them in a glass case. Not me if I 'm going to spend that much money on them that are going to run. Try this website if you want a look
http://www.brasstrains.com. It's a fairly good site with a lot of information for the " collector".

Ozzie21
Thanks for that Ozzie, some pretty awesome stuff on that site. I may get myself into some serious trouble now. Cheers mate.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.