Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Well for my 20cents worth, 2bob in old money. DJH already make a 4mm Clan so after the LNER W1 and V2 are built I'll be getting the Clan. If Hornby were to make a Clan I'd buy one. They weren't as poor performers as some would make out, it was just that they were doing the same job as a class 7 or 8 were expected to do over similar lines. As with all the BR steam designs it was too little too late as the forth coming dieselisation rendered any further developement programs for BR steam to zero. As has been proved with Duke of Gloucester a proper developement program sorts out the problems. There was an Argentinian locomotive engineer , De la Porta was his name I think, who did a design proposal for the LNER that would have taken an A-1 pacific from an 1800hp loco to a 3500hp loco. Imagine that thundering down the east coast, or west coast, mainlines in the late seveties if natioanalisation and dieselisation had never come.

Ozzie21

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.