Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
560 Posts
Well this weekend is all about the magnifcent A4s (for rail enthusiasts anyway, we also have the British GP and XH558 making her display debut)
I've been over to Grantham this morning to have a look an No.7 taking the The Coronatin to York this morning

Might go over to see Bittern taking it back to the Cross tomorrow evening.

Bro, that building behind her tender in the first couple of pics look a bit familiar, but they weren't there when you built the one on your "new" estate

·
Premium Member
893 Posts
Nice to see 60007 hasn't changed too much since the last time I saw him - April 1968 (or 67 ?) on the tour from Waterloo to Bournemouth, back to Salisbury with 'Blackmore Vale' then back to Waterloo with 60007. Anyone remember that? Had a few locos on Bournemouth Central shed, Hymek came in from Birmingham, etc, nice day out. Got some great pictures somewhere.

·
Premium Member
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
QUOTE (6991 @ 5 Jul 2008, 11:45) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Got some great pictures somewhere.

Please dig them out I'd like to see them and I'm sure others here would too

·
Administrator
9,844 Posts
Thanks for posting those pix. I enjoyed seeing them.

David

·
Registered
642 Posts
I got union this afternoon at the sidings restaurant at shipton by benningborough with some cracking video of it screaming passed us after it picked up gresleys coaches at york.

Union then failed due to a problem at Newcastle and Sir Nigel Gresley was then called back into action after a watering and recoaling session to take the coaches the rest of the way to edinburgh and then would be bringing then coaches back to york tomorrow for bittern to continue the rest of the journey back to where it started. As far as I am aware there was a 60 and 66 on some 100 tonne tanks and the 66 was taken off the tanks at york and then despatched to go to newcastle to recover union back to york.

There is no news on what time they will get back to york though.

·
Premium Member
560 Posts
That's not like No.9 she's usually ultra reliable. Keep us posted if you hear anything about why she failed

Andii

·
Registered
642 Posts
From what I heard it was the hot boxes. so I don't think it will be running anymore or at least for a while anyway.

·
Registered
352 Posts
what a great set of photos, i thought the first one was a model layout, mind you i only just crawled out of my pit.thanks for posting them

·
Premium Member
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
QUOTE (Thunder @ 6 Jul 2008, 10:46) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>what a great set of photos, i thought the first one was a model layout, mind you i only just crawled out of my pit.thanks for posting them

Funny you should say that. I didn't notice while I was at Grantham but when I was uploading the pictures the building behind Sir Nige' struck me as quite familiar, the realy funny thing is that the picture below was taken back in 2005 before the housing behind Grantham station was built. Looks like my Bro has captured the look of modern housing to a "T"

Andii

·
Premium Member
1,293 Posts
Oh pants! The poor No. '9 crew are having a tough time - that's the second hot box in six weeks. The dislocation the support crew will suffer is rotten, I hope they got back to York at a sensible time.

·
Registered
642 Posts
I was actually thinking last night the fireman on Gresley must have been right peeved off with Union breaking down. Imagine how knackered he was coming from Grantham and had just enough time to put his feet up only to be told to get his workmen clothes back on to be told he was now going to be coaling from newcastle to edinburgh and then back again the next day.... I bet he was really happy to give the driver of union a right kicking when he meets up with him again for running her too hard so that she broke...lol. I would love to have been a fly in the wall when they got back to york....lmao.

·
garage hobbit&#33;&#33;&#33;
1,715 Posts
Bro,

Did you go over and get ant pics yesterday of Bittern on the return run?

Brian
CME Milldale

1 - 16 of 16 Posts