Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,854 Posts
Hi Alan. Those boards are certainly built to withstand an earthquake and very nicely done.

I think you might find that you have that gradient a little too steep however. If I might make a suggestion, and provided it's not too late to make the changes, if you were to drop the lower track at a 1:60 gradient and then have a 1:60 gradient up to the high level section you will end up with the same vertical spacing between levels and your locos will be able to haul longer trains up the gradients. It will also look better.

·
Premium Member
4,854 Posts
Hi Alan.

I don't think a feed-back controller would make that much difference as it's all about the power to weight ratio. i.e. the power of the loco versus the weight of carriages. If your locos are slowing down round the curves then I would check to see if all carriage wheels are free-running or if the loco drive wheels are binding on the rails. It could be a back-to-back problem.

For the inclines I would give some thought to the double incline I suggested earlier as this will make for much easier climbs for your locos.

·
Premium Member
4,854 Posts
Looking good Alan. I'm with you on the weathering issue. Goods wagons, yes, but locos and carriages uh, uh. Just can't bring myself to do it.

I think the novelty of balasting might wear off a bit after you've done a few metres of track and got some stuck in point mechanisms

1 - 4 of 4 Posts