Model Railway Forum banner

The Engine Shed

50K views 173 replies 42 participants last post by  Alan D 
Hi Alan

Nice to see some of your progress. Like Steve said very good and strong bracing there. Like the idea of the figure of 8. Looking forward to more picture updates! I will be keeping an eye out on this thread! (No pressure then mate
)

Kind regards

Paul

Hi Alan

I can't seem to see the 3 pictures that you posted yesterday at approx 2pm!

Just wondering if it is a fault or is it my end!!

Kind regards

Paul

Hi Alan

Yes mate that is much better! WOW that is a very detailed plan you have done, Very nice. I must admit though I still work in inches so it's a bit hard to visualise the size.

I like the way the trackplan looks, Very nice.

Kind regards

Paul

Please do let us know when you have some finalised plans for your layout. I will be keeping an eye out for those Alan.

Kind regards

Paul

Hi Alan

That looking very good mate! Your woodworking skills certainly look to be far better than mine! May I ask , What incline ratio have you gone for?

Kind regards

Paul

Hi Alan

I must admit I thought that was the case with feedbck controllers. I must have been told by the same person

Kind regards

Paul

Hi Alan

Nice little S bend you have there. Just a question! I noticed you have your track on foam underlay and I was wondering, Does it really make the track noise quieter ? I have never used underlay on any layout as I have never been too bothered about the sound (I quite like the noise really as it sounds more real in a way).

Great progress mate and I am looking forward to more of your updates!

Kind regards

Paul

Hi Alan

Just a question/observation really mate, On your trackplan, if you follow the track from the bottom lefthand side and follow the top track, go into the middle platform but on the left of it, When you leave it looks like you will then 'crossover' and the train will then be on the 'outside' of the trackplan when it came in on the 'inside'! Is this intentional ? (It probably is). I am just wondering mate really.

Are you running DCC ? Just wondering mate. Love the trackplan by the way.

Kind regards

Paul

Hi Alan

Nice to see you are doing some more on the layout! I really like the platforms, they look excellent and very nicely modelled may I say.

Kind regards

Paul

Looks good Alan, do they come with that inter matching pattern or did you very skillfully cut it in yourself?

Kind regards

Paul

QUOTE (The_Docster @ 27 Aug 2009, 14:52) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>No - had to cut it in

Hi Alan

Nice bit of work then mate

Kind regards

Paul

Hi Alan

That platform looks great
Love the cloouring and the very slight curve in it! Brilliant

Kind regards

Paul

QUOTE (BRITHO @ 8 Oct 2009, 12:46) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>And I'm looking forward to seeing them.

And me!

Kind regards

Paul

Hi Alan

Just got your reply notification (I've been at work for the last few days). I must say it's great to see you being able to do some more on the layout mate. It looks great what you have done so far. I do like all that point work at the station throat area

Please keep the picture updates coming Alan. Nice work mate.

Kind regards

Paul

Love the sky Alan, Excellent mate.

Kind regards

Paul

Very nice Alan, keep em coming mate.

Kind regards

Paul

Hi Alan

That looks a crackingly built control panel mate
Very neat and tidy, I also have a couple of duettes myself! absolutely bullet proof.

Great to see you are doing a bit more on the layout anyway mate.

Kind regards

Paul

Hi Alan

When's your next update mate?

Kind regards

Paul

That's looking very nice Alan, thanks for the update and great to see you doing a bit mate.

Kind regards

Paul

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.