Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
743 Posts
Yes a nice product, but a shame you have to send them your points for them to fit the motor to. I would rather they sold the unit for less and let me fit it myself!

Rob

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Definitely interesting. It can be used with a normal DPDT switch as well. However, at nearly $80 its way over my head. I don't see where it says you need to send them your point, that makes no sense. They do say that the motor bit and decoder bit are not sold separately.

·
Premium Member
6,201 Posts
Following on from the initial posts of 'the flea' i found this reporting of it ............
http://cs.trains.com/forums/1487614/ShowPost.aspx
I thought it was only fair to bring this to everyones attention IF the posting there is true before taking the plunge sending your points away.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Good in principle, but going by the pictures I am not convinced it would be at all maintainable, either mechanically or electrically, especially once the track is laid and/or ballasted. It wouldn't take much grit or similar to fall in and cause havoc with the leadscrew mechanism. Equally, not sure their claim of no drilling etc. holds up to much when you apparently have to rout out slots and complete areas to accommodate the tiebar mechanism and DCC Decoder board from above instead. I would rather see the decoder on flying leads to give at least some accessibility to all the connections and more options for mounting.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts