Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Chief mouser
11,775 Posts

·
is asleep
758 Posts
The whole of the Zababov club's website is fantastic. Their big N scale layout is also very impressive given the relative lack of RTR models of Eastern Europe prototypes from the big manufacturers.

It's also interesting to see the clubs many different approaches to supporting the modules, with a varied mix of legs, tressles, half tressles etc. but most impressive is that instead of arguing endlessly about standards, model accuracy and whether to build their own 'finescale' track like in the UK it seems they've actually gone and built some layouts! Not a shunting board either, but something long enough for it to actually feel like a railway in that long one-dimensional way that you actually see when you stand on the trackside/platform in the real world...now that really is modelling!

Goedel

·
Registered
18 Posts
Impressive site, impressive layout. I just wish I could read Chezk. It would be good to know a little more about how it was put together how it's run. From the various screen shots on their site it appears to be DCC controlled. It must be a logistical nightmare!

Thanks for the link

Simon

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Simon,

Below is the English version of their activities:

http://www.fremo.org/inhalt_e.htm

and the Zababov group, its in czech but what the hell enjoy the pictures.

Busy little critters aren't they

Baykal

·
Chief mouser
11,775 Posts
QUOTE (Lancashire Fusilier @ 27 Apr 2007, 09:02) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>"All right boys, pack it up now, time to go home."

Very good!

Regards

John

·
Registered
312 Posts
Very impressive, do they have to put them up one after another or shift sections around to fit once assembled, it must take ages. Our club has a 30ft long 009 layout and communicating what's coming can be fun on that so how do they co-ordinate running trains? I'd love to build something with that sort of length of run but DCC and wireless would be essential.
Paul

1 - 13 of 13 Posts