Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,
This seemed the best place to ask you all to cover all scales we model .......

What locos do you have you wouldnt part with or would you most like to own be it in DC /DCC in production or not given money was no object.

For me i wouldnt be without my Kato PA/B units especially of course in U.P.
fitted with DCC

The new Kato PRR GG1 fitted with DCC and sound comes high on my wanted list

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
QUOTE (neil_s_wood @ 11 Dec 2008, 16:36) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Shame you weren't HO Zmil. Trix have a new HO one coming out in Feb.

I would like a GMA/M Garratt with sound thank you very much. Or anything Indian.

Hi Neil

That's the HO Fleischmann EPIII version Catalog No. 4118 - BR18.6

Regards

Zmil

·
Premium Member
893 Posts
zmil,
Been on my wish list too since it came out, but thought I'd wait until the price came down ! Unfortunately, the price has not come down, only our aussie dollar. However, ETS have what they call the 'Paradezug' as one of their specials at the moment, and this is 4118, plus 6 Epoche III Schnellzugwagen, 5200, 5601, 5602, 5604, 5607 and 5608, this is all for 400Euro which will come down to 320 or so after Mwst is removed, even with the 30Euro postage, it still seems a pretty good deal. It brings the loco price down considerably - 4118 alone is about 300E (245E -Mwst). Need I say more.. Unfortunately for me the coaches are mainly Epoche IIIb, and after 1960, so I am trying hard not to weaken in my resolve to resist temptation.
First saw the model in action on the layout at the DB museum in 2005, only a few months after it came out, looked brilliant - inside valve gear and all. Incidentally, 18 620 was rebuilt from 18 514 in 1955.
The Trix one will be a 'Hochhaxige' - all withdrawn by 1951, with the exception of 18 451 which went to Goettingen for a while, then to the Deutsche Museum in Munchen, and lovely it is too.
Regards,

·
Just another modeller
9,983 Posts
Has to be this one - Bachmann please....... The MR 2F 0-6-0 Kirtley

Richard

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
My favourite would be the SBB CE 6/8 Krokodil. I would like that new Kato GG1 in green. I already have the Arnold tuscan red version.

·
Premium Member
6,201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ah Pennsy Green ....not the usual Pennsy colours

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
OK, my holy grail has been released this year, but another one I wouldn´t want to part with is this (imho) beauty:

·
In depth idiot
7,675 Posts
QUOTE (Richard Johnson @ 11 Dec 2008, 11:40) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Has to be this one - Bachmann please....... The MR 2F 0-6-0 Kirtley
Yes, I would be queueing up for one of those. Although this years G2A from Bach was an excellent 'antiquated old cart' fix to be going on with.

·
Registered
352 Posts
I would like to get my gubby little mits on a "Jones Heavy Goods" loco, (OO) in the colours its exhibited with at at the Glasgow transport meuseum, although i believe there some contraversy over it actually having the colours when in service.

·
Chief mouser
11,775 Posts
Hmm

If money were no object then I think I would be looking at something along the following (SE&CR) lines:

C closs 0-6-0 and 01 class 0-6-0 or perhaps a D class 4-4-0.

S15 - a serious on the wish list.

One can always dream.

Regards

·
Registered
642 Posts
Another Graham Farish EWS class 60 would be nice for renumbering along with the new released 60084 as well.

·
Registered
296 Posts
With my layout plan, I needed to come up with a plan of action so that I was certain I was spending my money in the right place, and that I could prioritise and also limit the damage (Modelling the border region of the Benelux means there is a whole hell of a lot of possibilities). Since I'm modelling an imaginary country on top of that, I needed to come up with some rolling stock that I wanted to repaint the colours of this country's state railway - thereby adding even more possibilities.

I've since created a master wish list on Excel which lists all of the different rolling stock that I want to have running on the layout eventually. Electric locomotives, diesel, railcars, high speed trains, trams, passenger rolling stock, freight rolling stock. I identified the brands and item number I wanted and then went on a search to compare prices on the Internet.

I've now got an idea of what I want probably for the next 5 years at least (the grand total comes to EUR 11.000, not counting what I already have). So I only pay up when I see a great deal or when my monthly budget allows for it.

Anyway, on my Christmas wish list are Mehano things, which I've bumped up in terms of priority due to the demise of Mehano. I just don't want to be in a situation like Jouef/Lima where the intermediary cars for TGVs are impossible to find and if found are worth an arm and a leg.

A DB Lint 41 diesel railcar to do a local service between my country's capital and Aachen

The ICE, the famed competitor to the TGV, which will make a nice addition to my TGV fleet

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
Well if money was no object then i would Dearly love a W1 'Hush Hush' , P2, LMS Claughton all in 'OO' scale.
I know you can get one or two of these but the money is way out of my league.

Kind regards
Paul

1 - 20 of 51 Posts