Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
DT
4,794 Posts
Remember that these are models made in plastic and metal that run on electrified rails.

At some point the perfect scaling down of the prototype has to be compromised when you endeavour to mass produce a working model train.

There will always be people who nitpick over fine detail - when they ignore big issues such as wheels, suspension and the bits under the loco. Just let them get on with it - I'm sure they get some pleasure out of it.

Personally, if I see a reviewer nitpick over rivets, window frames or late / early crest... I don't really care - If I still like the loco I'll get it.

·
DT
4,794 Posts
You have to compromise a bit here and there. Reviews take time. Sure magazine editors are paid, but we hare are not.

I must admit that I know very little about railways, not like some of you anyway. When I review, my aim is to present the model as well as possible so that the experts can make up their own mind.

I will spend a few hours looking for prototype data, but I do not have encyclopedic data at hand with 3-view scale images to compare shape and quite often there is little prototypes data on the Internet with colour photos to describe if the paint is right or not.

I don't mind working to a guide, answering points that are required - Amps drawn, pulling power, track radii etc.

If you guys would like to look at the reviews that we've done and list some points that you would like to see included, I'm sure that we can work something out.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts