Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,397 Posts
I could never settle on any one loco, so my list is, LNER A4, Streamlined Duchess, Norfolk and Western J class, K.Bay S3/6, Henschel Wegmann train, BR06, Vic Rail S class, ICE3.

While I like the Epoch II German streamliners a lot, they are beautiful in an unconventional way whereas most of the UK, US, and Australian ones above are more conventional.

·
Premium Member
7,397 Posts
QUOTE (Dennis David @ 9 Dec 2006, 22:59) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Do you guys mean the "Glaskasten", if so I have one in N Scale and it's digital to boot!

Just picked up this little baby in Singapore today.

It's amazing how Trix can get a decoder into such as small loco. Sorry we can't spell.

The Rheingold S3/6 you show there is something I've been wanting for a while. It's the best livery I have seen on the S3/6.

Maerklin did this in N, HO 3 rail AC, Z and 1 but not in two rail dc HO. I think I may now have found a solution to the three rail ac problem in the Ecos but the limited edition set will not be available anymore. I will have to hope for a reissue.

·
Premium Member
7,397 Posts
QUOTE (Dennis David @ 10 Dec 2006, 21:20) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I've been looking for this one for awhile as well. Interesting what you can find in out of the way places (Singapore).
I have a dozen Rheingold coaches that now have "their" locomotive". This is not a period scheme but a special museum edition (1:1) that was created to celebrate the anniversary of Germany's most famous train.
You can find the same phenomena here. They sit on the shelves for while because they cost twice as much as in Germany.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts