Model Railway Forum banner
21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Administrator
9,890 Posts
>deltics
Which livery? BR Blue was most unflattering; IMHO of course.

David

·
Premium Member
560 Posts
I have never understood why people think Deltics are so beautiful, to me they look out of proportion, honking great body on comparatively small bogies. Still be boring if we all liked the same thing.
I have to cast my vote for those beautiful creations of O.V.S. Bullied, both the MN and light pacifics in original and rebuilt form. Second to them I have a fondness for Mr Gresleys pacifics especially after BR fitted the "elephant ears" to them, to me they really set them of a treat.
I also have a thing for my Bachmann "N" class in olive green at the moment.
Arethusa

·
Administrator
9,890 Posts
>Just picked up this little baby in Singapore today
That's just so cute! How "little"?

David

·
Administrator
9,890 Posts
It looks like something out of "Chitty Chitty Bang Bang".

David

·
No Longer Active.
13,319 Posts
QUOTE (Dennis David @ 9 Dec 2006, 11:59) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Do you guys mean the "Glaskasten", if so I have one in N Scale and it's digital to boot!

I certainly did - I can never spell it properly bcause my komputer kannot spel.

Seriously, though its a great little loco - is there one preserved anywhere ?

This one definatly comes into the "cute" category.

·
Premium Member
7,397 Posts
QUOTE (Dennis David @ 9 Dec 2006, 22:59) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Do you guys mean the "Glaskasten", if so I have one in N Scale and it's digital to boot!

Just picked up this little baby in Singapore today.

It's amazing how Trix can get a decoder into such as small loco. Sorry we can't spell.

The Rheingold S3/6 you show there is something I've been wanting for a while. It's the best livery I have seen on the S3/6.

Maerklin did this in N, HO 3 rail AC, Z and 1 but not in two rail dc HO. I think I may now have found a solution to the three rail ac problem in the Ecos but the limited edition set will not be available anymore. I will have to hope for a reissue.

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
I've been looking for this one for awhile as well. Interesting what you can find in out of the way places (Singapore).
I have a dozen Rheingold coaches that now have "their" locomotive". This is not a period scheme but a special museum edition (1:1) that was created to celebrate the anniversary of Germany's most famous train.

·
Premium Member
7,397 Posts
QUOTE (Dennis David @ 10 Dec 2006, 21:20) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I've been looking for this one for awhile as well. Interesting what you can find in out of the way places (Singapore).
I have a dozen Rheingold coaches that now have "their" locomotive". This is not a period scheme but a special museum edition (1:1) that was created to celebrate the anniversary of Germany's most famous train.
You can find the same phenomena here. They sit on the shelves for while because they cost twice as much as in Germany.

·
Registered
51 Posts
QUOTE (Gwent rail @ 14 Nov 2006, 23:31) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Not forgetting the exquisite King George V.

and just to show no GWR blinkers, I'll add Princess Elizabeth.

Not because she was necessarily the best looking loco ever, but because a friend of mine was CME of her overhaul/restoration when at Bulmers in Hereford and I was press ganged into spending a lot of time crawling underneath her with various tools. Dirty, wet, cold and uncomfortable, but totally exhilarating.

Then finally to have the chance to slowly run her up the short stretch of track within Bulmer's factory site when finished. What a loco !!

True! I was also a member of PELS when Lizzie was kept at Bulmers!
Restoration was completed by then but I was involved with the job of replacing the firebox stays.
I was also one of the members who traveled to Hereford on a Friday evening to light her up ready for steam tours or open days over the weekend.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Exmoor Steam Railway all the way!

But in my opinion the most Beautiful Loco ever would be,

LB&SC Terrier

21 - 38 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.