Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,293 Posts
Just a quick note of caution. MRF is an international forum and Fleischmann is an international company.... this may seem blindingly obvious but what I am saying is that the company produces different "one time" or limited editions for different countries and what may be available in, say, Denmark, may not appear on, say, the UK market.

·
Premium Member
1,293 Posts
We have now received examples of both these limited editions. They are absolutely fantastic! The HO version is quite remarkable, the T9 2-6-0T must have had a complete re-tool and the chassis features dull rods and valve gear making it much more realistic than the shiny silver versions. The rolling stock has the correct webbed wheelsets and the lettering (Fleischmann use a "tamp on" system - I kid you not!) is amazing, even down to the wording applied to the glazing. The balconies are incredibly detailed on the coaches and some of the windows are partly open. My only gripe (and it's a small one) is that the motor still partly fills the cab. Prices will start from £260 odd in the UK.

The N scale set is, if anything, even more stunning! It has all the detail of the HO set including full cab detail on the Class G4 (and I still don't know where they put the decoder on the digital version!). Anyone modelling the Prussian railways for the period can slowly acquire a full set of locos and rolling stock if they subscribe to the limited editions each year! Prices for this set will be from about £200 in the UK.

Drooool!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.