Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Chief mouser
11,779 Posts
Certainly shows the pulling power of Maerklin. It would be interesting to see if other manufacturers want to take up the challenge!

Regards

John

· Chief mouser
11,779 Posts
QUOTE (Gary @ 28 Feb 2007, 11:51) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Its a pretty amazing feat of strength from Marklin. Do the Marklin locos have traction tyres? I think the Dublo effort had traction tyres and was possibly the first British model so endowed.
Happy modelling
Gary

They do indeed have traction tyres........as a matter of interest they are also three rail with metal bodies!

Regards

John

· Chief mouser
11,779 Posts
I wonder what would have happened if they had used the Trix (2 rail) variant?

Regards

John

· Chief mouser
11,779 Posts
QUOTE (dbclass50 @ 28 Feb 2007, 14:47) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>The Trix variants generally have only 1 axel with traction tyres wheras the Marklin ones have 2 axels with traction tyres.

Which could explain why they used the Maerklin variant

Regards

John

· Chief mouser
11,779 Posts
QUOTE (dbclass50 @ 1 Mar 2007, 08:38) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Just a suggestion Gary - how about a "Traction Power Challenge" for the next Warley & invite all the manufactures to take part ?

Why Warley? (no disrespect)

Could we somehow arrange this locally and see what does what?

Regards

John

Who's just noticed he's now an engine driver!!

· Chief mouser
11,779 Posts
QUOTE (Gary @ 2 Mar 2007, 09:58) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>It has to be said that OO wheels are much bigger than HO wheels with a resulting higher centre line for the axle so any wobble would be more obvious on OO models.
Happy modelling
Gary

Taking as an example a 6' driving wheel

OO 6 x 4 = 24
HO 6 x 3.5 = 21

That's 3mm - not what I would call much bigger

Regards

John

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.