Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
DT
4,794 Posts

Issue 3 is now online and includes:

The Ipswich Railway Modellers Association
who asked if we'd like to visit their Fortieth Anniversary Exhibition ­ we did so we went!

A multitude of subscribers also asked if there was any chance of seeing a garden railway or feature some narrow guage... So we've done both and bring you the railway that's more a way of life than something in the back yard.

Several viewers asked if they could see the film about Barrington Quarry, which for a short while was on-line in our pilot programme, and could we show it in magnificent Railway-O-Rama, so we've included that too!
And Basingstoke and North Hants MRS wanted to know if we were interested in their academy for new recruits. We were and you can see the results...

The Railway Channel is fast becoming the channel made by enthusiasts for enthusiasts.
Don't miss out - Click Here to start watching. Subscribe to Issue 1 and get Issue 2 FREE

·
DT
4,794 Posts
Some notes about the videos of Issue 3

IRMA Summer Exhibition: The quality of the modeling at the Ipswich Railway Modellers Association is fantastic.

Brilliant scenery and very interesting little dioramas. On the Orwell St John, modern image 00 layout there was a pair of Class 20's linked up together cab to cab - I would have thought this defeated the purpose of linking two Class 20's in a consist. Look forward to the big Winter IRMA show in November.

"The Club": Basingstoke and North Hants MRS. Getting younger guys involved in club activities is a sure way to keep an older established club going. A couple of interesting layouts.

The SE28 OO layout that is 36' long has a great raised section that is exactly what I'm aiming to add to the South section of my own layout. I'll have to speak to them about that.

Hidden Treasures: Giles Favell intoduces the 'Peverels' Orchard Railway.

Over 2000' of dual gauge 5" & 7 1/4" running through a large garden and orchid. Looks like fun.

Railway Stories: Barrington Quarry. Some interesting footage taken in 2004 of the trains and quarry workings on the last commercially run quarry railway in the UK. The railway was replaced in February 2005 by more modern earth moving diggers and trucks.

See The Railway Channel Issue 3 trailer here

·
Registered
763 Posts
Does anyone else on this forum keep getting unsolicited emails from the producers of this series?

·
DT
4,794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've received a bunch of emails, but that is because I registered my address on their site when they were first setting up the concept.

If you are able to control your email aliases, use different aliases (the part of the address before the '@') you can determine if anyone is selling or giving your address to any other parties. Google mail (Gmail) allows this now. You add whatever you like to you standard alias after a '+' sign and it still all goes to your account. You can set up a filter to sort or delete certain aliases.

·
Registered
763 Posts
Well we'll see if blocking them puts an end to it. I find it irritating to say the least especially as I never registered interest as you have Doug. At the end of the day spam is spam no matter whether it be for a product you may have an interest in or any of the other rubbish that comes through. It hardly endears the producers of the series to me or makes me feel like signing up to it either.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts