Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
DT
4,794 Posts

The Railway Channel Issue Two has it the newstands and is now available for you to watch online!

Issue 2 (June 15 - June 28)

• Mark Found's Weekend Return - Heathcote
Part 1 - A casual remark on a forum led Mark and the team on a journey to Shepshed and the Heathcote O Gauge Society's 7mm exhibition. Oldham King Street is the featured layout in this part and there's a bit of a surprise for one of the traders! An interesting interview with Pete Waterman that has him talking about is future plans for his model company.
Part 2 - Music's certainly interesting in this part as Mark looks at Dalry Road, chats about the small layout of Earl King and we all get a chance to look at the penultimate outing of Holiday Haunts before this fantastic layout goes into retirement.
• The Club - Preston
Part 1 - The second in our series "The Club" and the Preston MRC was certainly worth the visit. There are some superb layouts on show including two rescued from a cellar, modern image with sound and two layouts under construction.
Part 2 - Serious modellers need not be dismayed to find that the second part of our visit to Preston MRC's clubrooms concentrates on a Thomas layout. It's OO modelling of the highest order and well worth looking at.
• Feature - The Ribble Steam Railway Pt 2
Part One was in the last issue and in this part we take a journey down the line with some stunning photography and a fireman's eye view.
• Layout of the Month - Stump City
The layout of the month features Midge Grassing's wonderful Stump City. We cover this layout in depth both with our filming and with Midge's own article about the construction techniques that she employed in the building of it. For those looking to create buildings in wood and re-creating corrugated metal roofs this item is an absolute must!

·
DT
4,794 Posts
Yes, I have watched it.

I like it as it does do something positive for our hobby. The quality of the video is very good. The subject matter is interesting. Some of the background music is a bit suspect though...
I think Mark Found like his Country music.

Price-wise I think it's fair, but I always like to have something to show for my purchases so the streaming method of showing the video is debatable, but to minimise on piracy, this is what they have to do. The DVD collection of the show, to be released later will be a good buy indeed.

I recommend this video series. You won't regret subscribing after watching a few of the shows.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts