Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
DT
4,794 Posts
The rest of Nürnberg 2007

I'm putting the rest of the report into a series of posts. If enough interest is shown, I may split it, but this is a brief look at what else was there that caught my eye.

Train Safe
A great concept for storing you locos and trains. One version is of clear acrylic that allows your models to be on display - perhaps even on a nice wooden base or on a rack on the wall. The other version in a travel cartridge that protects the train with padded foam. Both versions allow you train to go from storage to the track easily and effortlessly with a simple track adaptor letting the loco and train drive right onto the layout. The acrylic boxes can even have rollers and a live connection that allow the train to show it's motion whilst on display.

For the acrylic boxes, in HO, prices range from €38.50 for 30cm to €119 for 210cm

Track connectors are €19

Scales available from Z to G-scale

The travel cartridge system:

·
DT
4,794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Brawa

I can go on for ages about these guys. If anyone has any specific requests, please let me know as I have a whole collection of press-pack photos.

Sample:

Steam Locomotive BR 57.4 DRG Road no. BR 57 409

The Deutsche Reichsbahn took over 4 class H saturated steam locomotives and 17 class Hh superheated steam locomotives. They were incorporated in the fleet as 57 301 to 304 and 57 401 to 417. They remained with the State Railway Directorate in Stuttgart, but were soon replaced by more powerful machines on their regular route and then distributed to other areas.
In 1925 these locomotives were with the Deutsche Reichsbahn and were based at depots in Aalen, Calw, Freudenstadt and Heilbronn. Due to the economic crisis at the end of the twenties, these locomotives were then taken out of service and in 1935 the last one was eventually relegated to the sidings.
Delivery date: 4th Quarter 2007

·
DT
4,794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Tillig

Tillig didn't have any new products on show. There are some new points due for later in the year. We can expect the EW5 and EW6 which are flexi-points that are true scale representations of 190-metre points used by the DB/DR.

EW5 length: 361mm, Frog angle: 7°, End angle 9.4°.
EW6 length: 389mm, Frog angle: 6.34°, End angle 6.34°.

Tillig are also releasing a new DC transformer:

·
DT
4,794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ESU

Not much about ESU that we haven't already heard about here (ECoS add-ons).

Here is a little video of an ESU cutaway that shows locodecoder and sound decoders. The loco's load is a full range of speakers - just for show.

·
DT
4,794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Bemo

Bemo had a small stand with not much on display. Everything for 2007 is in their catalogue - all pictures of prototypes. I think Bemo start a bit later than most others.

·
DT
4,794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Peter, I didn't hang around there much. After looking at the Dynamis and meeting Graham Hubbard, I headed off. The display cabinets walled off the stand and made photography tricky so I didn't take many shots there I'm afraid.

·
DT
4,794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Massoth

Massoth have been around for about 30 years. Producing electronics for LGB. Mainly sound decoders. A few years ago they released their own branded products. DCC controllers for all scales. DiMAX 1200Z with a 12 amp output aimed at the garden modellers. Wireless cab control for control up to 150 feet with 8 cabs on the system. The radio system allows interconnection between the DiMAX Navigator (cab controller) and other XpressNet or LocoNet systems. Very neat.

·
DT
4,794 Posts
Busch

Some nice details on the Busch stand. Busch was showing off it's great range of scenery materials. These include materials to build complete fields of crops (with crop circles if you like) and large areas of forest. Quite modern scenery items - going with the current trend. The Nudist beach of little HO characters was quite popular... couldn't get in for a close up shot.

·
DT
4,794 Posts
Viessmann

More nude little figures - what is it with these Germans...?
New for 2007: HO 5001 Sexy lovers on blanket, moving - couple on blanket supplied with a drive unit (14-16V AC/DC)
Wintrack is shown with a new version. 3D layout planning and modelling. Baseboard design right up to complete finished scenery. €99 for the Wintrack 3-D program, €49.50 for the upgrade to the 3D package.

Viessmann make a great collection of semaphores and signals. All electronic and operational. If they put their minds to producing some British items, they would clean-up the market.

I had a play on the Digital Command Station - Viessmann Commander. The touch screen is a bit clunky. The feel of the whole unit gives the impression it was made by Fisher-Price. The Diagram Panel (GBS) shows where the trains are on the layout, but the I think this is only suited to table-top layouts with a simple design. Quite expensive I presume.

·
DT
4,794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Uhlenbrock

Uhlenbrock had a stand at the back, not at the front like last year and they didn't have as much traffic. They had their Intelliboxes out on display as well as the new Gleisbildstellpult Track Control (modular track control panel). Again, suited to simple bench layouts, it allows simple control and monitoring of locos on the track.

·
DT
4,794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Heki

Heki had a few very nice layouts and dioramas on display. Simple and sweet. They have a new range of tall 6-story 'City Line' card buildings. A new main station and goods yard also in card.

·
DT
4,794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Peco

Another British company, Peco, always goes to Nürnberg. In the second photo below they are showing their new long #7 curved turnout for the US code 83 range. Bottom picture is of the new flush mounted turnout motor. Is Peco doing this with Hornby? As the two motors from the two companies look the same.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts