Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased the 2007 Electrotren catalogue and noticed as well as the usual nations that most catalogues cater for (Germanic/Benelux/France/Spain/Italy), there's some for Portugal/Greece/Denmark also.
I suppose if you live in those smaller modelling countries the manufacturers will ensure the products are available.
My question is if you live in another country and to model say Greek it must be difficult tracking down what's available.
What do you think?

·
Premium Member
7,397 Posts
QUOTE (ozwarrior @ 2 Aug 2007, 08:27) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I recently purchased the 2007 Electrotren catalogue and noticed as well as the usual nations that most catalogues cater for (Germanic/Benelux/France/Spain/Italy), there's some for Portugal/Greece/Denmark also.
I suppose if you live in those smaller modelling countries the manufacturers will ensure the products are available.
My question is if you live in another country and to model say Greek it must be difficult tracking down what's available.
What do you think?

I think you're right. Greek modelling would have the added problem of them using a different alphabet so internet searches would be useless unless you have soem command of the language. The internet helps a lot but language can be very prohibitive for some countries.

·
Registered
2 Posts
QUOTE (neil_s_wood @ 2 Aug 2007, 00:05) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I think you're right. Greek modelling would have the added problem of them using a different alphabet so internet searches would be useless unless you have soem command of the language. The internet helps a lot but language can be very prohibitive for some countries.

As someone in the UK that models Portuguese trams and Taiwan Railways/Taipei metro, I have to agree!!. In the end though if it's an "obscure" (modelling wise)country you will end up having to visit anyway, not least to get decent photos of infrastructure and things like station posters, signs et (if modelling modern).

I happened to visit Taiwan when the urge to model their railways caught me, there is quite a lot available in HO and N from several shops in or near the the main station. Similarly in Lisbon, quite a lot available at the Carris museum and in the centre of Lisbon. Most of this stuff is virtually impossible to get outside that country

·
Chief mouser
11,775 Posts
Additionally there is an increasing amount of Spanish stock appearing these days as well.

Regards

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.