Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Well after a break of around 30 years I am now in a position to build a Model Railway.

I am going to build a layout based loosely in the South West from around 2010 onwards, I may go earlier to allow me to run 50's. It will be approx. 30' x 14' and designed to be controlled from a PC, based on a Roco Z21 controller. It will be called 'Hillside Junction'. It will also show what is possible in a new build house (too many trusses lol). I do a lot of 3D printing so expect to see a few 'home made' items!

I will document my progress as I go. If anybody is interested in following, this is the page:-
Hillside Junction

Give it a like!

I am sure I will have many questions as I go, the hobby has changed a lot in 30 years.

·
In depth idiot
8,464 Posts
...after a break of around 30 years I am now in a position to build a Model Railway. ...the hobby has changed a lot in 30 years.
Very much for the better in most respects. If the brands that serve the UK RTR model railway market could be persuaded that their products should be made to consistent standards and clearly described for the market sector they are aimed at, then it would be better yet.

Enjoy!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Looking forward to this as I live near Exeter although a GCR man myself this area does still contain some interest and we now even have a regular service to Okehampton again!
Yes, the Okehampton service is great…….I am slightly biased though as I live in Okehampton and work for GWR lol

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I just wonder are you a member of any Devon based Model Rail clubs? I am not but have thought of joining from time to time but myself not aware of where they are.
Hi, no I am not but would be interested in joining one. I have only lived in Devon for 10 years and just recently returned to the hobby. If you find one let me know. I am sure there must be something in the Exeter area.

·
Registered
15 Posts
If you are towards the east of Exeter you might like to come along to the Sidmouth Model Railway Group. We are just in the early stages of building our new N gauge layout which will has been designed specifically to run on dcc, powered by a Z21 control system which we have just purchased. We also have a working OO gauge layout and there are members who model O gauge with an interest in starting a new O gauge layout in the near future. We generally meet alternating Wednesday evenings or Tuesday mornings (details on the website link). Do come along if you wish (without obligation) and you'll receive a warm welcome.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts