Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,854 Posts
Hi Guys,

Well, as the description says, it's not really on MY workbench but thought you might like to see the way I am having my Railway Room fitted out in my new apartment in China.

Wood Floor Flooring House Wood stain Brown Cabinetry Wood House Flooring Window Wood Flooring Floor Rectangle

Lots of storage space underneath and easy access to the underside of the open grid boards.

Going over to China in September to make a start on the actual board construction though I think SWMBO is intending to prioritise other things (like furniture, curtains etc.) so some negotiation/bribery might have to be considered.

Will keep you posted on progress but it's going to be a long slow process.

Cheers for now,

Expat.

P.S.
Just realised that this my 300th post and has earned me a promotion. A momentous occassion all round then.

Attachments

·
Registered
296 Posts
Looks absolutely fascinating, I can't wait to see how you get on

·
No Longer Active.
13,319 Posts
QUOTE (Expat @ 26 Jul 2008, 09:45) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>so some negotiation/bribery might have to be considered.
I find that the following is usually effective ;
Shoes.
Handbags.
Beanies.
& a new one - Betty Boop !

Good progress - keep us posted & congrats on your promotion.

·
Premium Member
4,854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
QUOTE (Brian Considine @ 26 Jul 2008, 15:10) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I find that the following is usually effective ;
Shoes.
Handbags.
Beanies.
& a new one - Betty Boop !

Hi Brian,

Don't mention handbags to me. We went to Italy last June and she came back with eight.

As for shoes, we already have a collection to rival Imelda Marcos.

I suspect jewellry is going to needed for this one.

All part of the 'hidden' cost of modelling !!

Trevor

·
Just another modeller
9,983 Posts
It looks excellent Trevor - I can see this layout will be something special and I'll enjoy its gestation!

Tell me - does it hurt very much when you pass a fireman

Richard

·
Just another modeller
9,983 Posts
QUOTE (Expat @ 26 Jul 2008, 19:20) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hi Brian,

Don't mention handbags to me. We went to Italy last June and she came back with eight.

As for shoes, we already have a collection to rival Imelda Marcos.

I suspect jewellry is going to needed for this one.

All part of the 'hidden' cost of modelling !!

Trevor

Small diamonds and rubies make excellent loco marker lamps....

Richard

·
Premium Member
4,854 Posts
QUOTE (Richard Johnson @ 26 Jul 2008, 17:11) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Small diamonds and rubies make excellent loco marker lamps....

Richard

So do small white saphires and garnets. Both of which are 10 a penny. I have a contact in Sri Lanka if you need any.

Being Chinese, I think she's thinking more along the lines of jade though which, for a good piece, can be expensive.

Cheers,

Trevor.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts