Model Railway Forum banner
21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Chief mouser
11,775 Posts
Very impressive modelling a very interesting assortment of parts to make the whole.

Regards

John

·
Premium Member
7,397 Posts
QUOTE (adecoaches26point4 @ 13 Apr 2007, 01:24) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>This is the one I am building at the moment.

It's a mixture of Fleischmann loco chassis and wheels/Merker and Fischer whitemetal-Brass superstructure and tender is Roco tender drive with Gunther whitemetal-Brass body/with extra detailing using Weinert parts.
I still have some way to go until its completed.
All the best,
David
It's looking good already!

·
Premium Member
3,614 Posts
its looking good david. do you have a picture of the loco running with a straight sided tender? i have had a look through my books and can only find a barrel tender on the loco.

Sorry i am being pickey again. this is a very bad habbit. i am doing my best to quash it. i am seeking therapy and going to weekly meetings....

Peter

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
QUOTE (pedromorgan @ 13 Apr 2007, 11:07) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>its looking good david. do you have a picture of the loco running with a straight sided tender? ...

Here goes. Hope you like!

EDIT: Oh yeah, cool model you´re building there. Great job!

·
Chief mouser
11,775 Posts
Slightly off topic, but the BR 9F with the Franco-Crosti boiler was not the worlds best looking loco, and when did you last see one of them modelled?

Regards

John

·
Registered
229 Posts
QUOTE (neil_s_wood @ 10 Apr 2007, 23:27) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>The Roco S3/6 is nice in green too.

Southern Railway olive lined green, very nice

I for one am very impressed with a lot of designs that emanate from outside the UK. I just wish we had a bigger loading gauge so that larger, more powerful locomotives could have been built. I also think there is an art to designing a locomotive to have the pipework etc. readily accessible, but still be good looking. Perhaps this is why I like the BR Standard designs so much as well as certain German and French locomotives from before WW2 that had this feature.

Regards,

Dan

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
My Roco Br 57. Is the gem of my steam locos.
The Br 57 or KPEV G10's served a great deal till the 1980's in Turkey.
Heard that Roco is launching in July a dcc model.

Baykal

·
Premium Member
7,397 Posts
QUOTE (ebaykal @ 15 Apr 2007, 04:03) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>My Roco Br 57. Is the gem of my steam locos.
The Br 57 or KPEV G10's served a great deal till the 1980's in Turkey.
Heard that Roco is launching in July a dcc model.

Baykal
Is the dcc version a G10 or a Br57? I had seen the DCC ready G10 but will hold off for DCC ready one if it's coming!

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
Neil,

The newly launched model will be a Br 57 of the DB with a digital interface for the first time.

Also among the new models will be a Br 50ük of the DB with transition war loco engineers cab with round roof and sealed side window.

Am also looking forward for the Br 24

Baykal

·
Premium Member
7,397 Posts
QUOTE (ebaykal @ 15 Apr 2007, 17:37) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Neil,

The newly launched model will be a Br 57 of the DB with a digital interface for the first time.

Also among the new models will be a Br 50ük of the DB with transition war loco engineers cab with round roof and sealed side window.

Am also looking forward for the Br 24

Baykal
Sounds good Baykal, I shall be looking out for those!

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
Neil ,

Just found out the KPEV G10 with digital interface will also be launched.

Baykal

21 - 34 of 34 Posts