Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4,533 Posts
QUOTE (Piermaster @ 9 Jul 2008, 17:11) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>.....Langley Models kit retails at £115! I would lose less money being mugged! For I could do my Southend or Margate lift for a quarter of the price!!!

I'd never asked them what the price was - didn't realise it was that much!

Regards,
John

·
Registered
4,533 Posts
QUOTE (dwb @ 5 Aug 2008, 19:26) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I took this close up of the upper switch on the modern section of the funicular at Heidelberg last Friday. As far as I can tell there are no moving parts in the rails. There don't appear to be flange ways for wheels either which makes me wonder if only one side of each car has a flange with the other side being smooth?

Presumeably one car has double-flanged wheels on one side which locates it on one track and the other car has the double-flange on the other side which keeps it on the other track?

By the way, there's an interesting article in "The Railway Magazine" for September 2008, just published, on "4ft 8.5in and All That" looking at some 40 different gauges in the UK - many of the odd ones are on cliff railways, it seems, up to 7ft 6in on the St Nicholas Cliff Railway in Scarborough.

Regards,
John Webb

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.