Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
No Longer Active.
13,319 Posts
Ah, the cliff lift at the Lido (Margate) - that brings back memories, sadly not much at all remains (could take some up to date pics if you like).

AFAIK the one at Broadstairs operated on the same principle but is covered completly, sadly currently out of use.

Have you considered the water powered/ballanced ones at Folkstone, which are still operating.

·
No Longer Active.
13,319 Posts
Hi Dave,

I did assemble one a couple of years ago & it ran very well, although the motor was a little noisey. I had the top & bottom stations & some extra track, but then I "eBayed" it & got well over £200 for it so I think you got yours at a good price.

·
No Longer Active.
13,319 Posts
QUOTE (dwb @ 20 Jul 2008, 07:41) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Whilst browsing last year's holiday photos, I found this one of the Lugano funicular.
David

Thanks for the photo David - interesting pickup arrangement, which I take is just for lighting, sort of trollybus style, but I take it on the common track sections one of the wires (say positive if DC) is central to the track & then there are two (negative) wires either side !

·
No Longer Active.
13,319 Posts
QUOTE (dwb @ 20 Jul 2008, 10:09) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Probably. As you can see from the photo, most of the journey is in tunnel.

David
Another question - I take it that the "points" have no moving parts similar to how the Brawa model works - double flanged wheels on the "outer rails" (on the passing loop) & a flangelass on the "inner" ?

Thanks in advance.

·
No Longer Active.
13,319 Posts
QUOTE (John Webb @ 6 Aug 2008, 11:13) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Presumeably one car has double-flanged wheels on one side which locates it on one track and the other car has the double-flange on the other side which keeps it on the other track?
Regards,
John Webb
Hi John,

Thats how the Brawa one works - the unflanged wheel is more of a wide'ish roller though.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.