1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Had a busy day today working on both Walmington Pier Tramway and Route's End 2

Walmington Pier Tramway
Secured the last of the sea surface into place and the glued down a heap of Wimereux beach sand to form the foreshore - will clean it up tomorrow (Sunday 6th).

Route's End 2
Decided to motorise the main point using the Hornby motor and the motor cover and it works well - Always was deterred from motorising points after the infamous self-cooking small Triang point motors that some of us grew up with! Need to get a different point switch (passing contact) as the Hornby one is the old Triang pedigree and far too cumbersome for my use.

Because I have a solid baseboard (25mm oak), the point motor wiring is on top and fed under the rails (but through the ballast) through orange coloured Capri-Sun straws which look just like the cable piping currently used by Network Rail!!

Photos to follow, I promise!!!

Dave

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
At last the photos!!!

Walmington Pier Tramway

The original Shore End

The refurbished shore end with Skaledale retaining wall and Wimereux beach sand.

Route's End 2

Terminus with new Ratio street lamps.

The Hornby point motor kept playing up, so back to hand operation, yet the point motor housing remains.

That was my weekend's work!

Dave

·
Chief mouser
11,775 Posts
As ever Dave it looks good.

Regards

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sorry,

I forgot to include these two photos of Walmington Pier Head:

The Pier Head as it was.

The Pier Head as it is now. (Too cold to set up the Diver & Grim Reaper)!

Dave

·
Chief mouser
11,775 Posts
QUOTE (Piermaster @ 7 Jan 2008, 20:43) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>(Too cold to set up the Grim Reaper)!

Would that be the Preiser one?

Regards

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
QUOTE (BRITHO @ 8 Jan 2008, 11:08) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Would that be the Preiser one?

Regards

Yes Dave,

It is the Preiser Grim Reaper who also acts as a commuter on my 'Route's End 2' layout and I understand is a regular
seen on DEMU Group layouts!

Cheers,

Dave

·
Chief mouser
11,775 Posts
Dave

Preiser do some other off the wall single figures as well - Father Christmas for example.

Regards

·
Registered
771 Posts
QUOTE (dbclass50 @ 9 Jan 2008, 14:57) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>And dont't forget the merman !

Thanks Guys, I've seen a 4mm scale Dalek on a layout but as the operators were too busy to answer my question (and that does pee me off at shows, because I always answer questions when exhibiting, even if I've heard the same question 100 times that day, I still answer it). Do you know who does 4mm scale Daleks?

Dave.

·
Registered
436 Posts
QUOTE (Piermaster @ 11 Jan 2008, 07:02) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Do you know who does 4mm scale Daleks?

I did have a manufacturer on bookmark until a recent crash.
I had a discussion with Neil Wood about it. It was about the time Airfix said they were doing it. I'll keep looking though!

·
Chief mouser
11,775 Posts
QUOTE (Piermaster @ 10 Jan 2008, 21:02) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Thanks Guys, I've seen a 4mm scale Dalek on a layout but as the operators were too busy to answer my question

Dave,

The last layout I saw with a Dalek (Can't remember what, where, or when) I actually asked where the Dalek came from and was advised it was made out of a piece of balsa wood and odds and ends from the scrap box.

Regards

·
Registered
189 Posts
I am trying to fix two locomotives and am looking for parts etc. Any help or advise would be welcome. I am enabling an e mail reply and hope it works.

My projects at the moment is to

1. fix the body and works of an old-ish Pricess Elizabeth Loco 4-6-2 and am looking for a X04 motor and repair the body.

2. fix a catenary on an old SNCF loco (needs springs and the connectors at the base is broken on one side and will need a micro repair.

anybody got some ideas or advise for parts etc.

I have images but can't seem to add them to this (Help administrator)

A new member

Basil

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
QUOTE (Basil @ 11 Jan 2008, 19:54) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I am trying to fix two locomotives and am looking for parts etc. Any help or advise would be welcome. I am enabling an e mail reply and hope it works.

My projects at the moment is to

1. fix the body and works of an old-ish Pricess Elizabeth Loco 4-6-2 and am looking for a X04 motor and repair the body.
2. fix a catenary on an old SNCF loco (needs springs and the connectors at the base is broken on one side and will need a micro repair.

anybody got some ideas or advise for parts etc.

I have images but can't seem to add them to this (Help administrator)

A new member

Basil

Hi Basil,

I think that you've either hit the wrong key or have hi-jacked my thread. I suggest you re-submit this under your own title as it should be under a Help topic or it'll be lost with my subject and irrelevant to what I'm talking about.

Dave

·
Administrator
9,845 Posts
QUOTE re-submit this under your own title

Basil has done that, so if a kindly moderator could make these posts "go away", all will be well.

David

1 - 17 of 17 Posts