Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Last year i made a three road shed from three Ratio N kits/plasticard and etched windows i never got it completed and sold it on now i have come back to British outline i am again planning on a three road shed, and am looking for a kits/kits i can kitbash to create a brick built shed as the ratio kits not flat surfaces as metcalfe type ..... but embossed detail as ratio their kits are fine but in stone finish.

Short of using the ration kit as a template and brick plasticard is there a kit/kits available to recreate this ....
also a source of pictures of a three road shed would be handy.

Many thanks.

·
Registered
223 Posts
[quote name='upnick' date='4 Aug 2008, 22:25' post='58724']
Hi All,

Last year i made a three road shed from three Ratio N kits/plasticard and etched windows i never got it completed and sold it on now i have come back to British outline i am again planning on a three road shed, and am looking for a kits/kits i can kitbash to create a brick built shed as the ratio kits not flat surfaces as metcalfe type ..... but embossed detail as ratio their kits are fine but in stone finish.

Short of using the ration kit as a template and brick plasticard is there a kit/kits available to recreate this ....
also a source of pictures of a three road shed would be handy.

Many thanks.

You don't say which era you model or whether it's steam or diesel/electric or both. I model D&E and I've had the same problem. All the kits are geared towards one or two lane sheds. I was going to suggest the Metcalfe Bus Depot but you say you want embossed plastic/material.

I had to scratchbuilt mine and used foamboard base with brickpaper and Wills sheets but you could easily use Wills/Ration embossed sheets instead.

Finally you have asked for picture sources - try fotopics and depot names on Google and you should come uyp with a wealth of sites. If you are modelling D&E then Colin J. Marsdon's BR Depots have pics of all the sheds and OPC do a series of Diesels on Shed books by Rex Kennedy which are exceelent for photos albeit black and white. If it's steam you model I'm pretty sure there are a series of BR Steam Depot books as well.

·
Premium Member
6,201 Posts
Hi DiesAL,

I have just posted about the shed with a picture or two to show progress ............
http://www.modelrailforum.com/forums/index...amp;#entry59151
I went with the kit parts but it will be a lot different to the standard offering, many thanks for the information though sure it will help.

·
Registered
642 Posts
That looks fantastic Nick what size is it compared to say a peco diesel engine shed?

·
Premium Member
6,201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
QUOTE (harkins77 @ 11 Aug 2008, 00:43) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>That looks fantastic Nick what size is it compared to say a peco diesel engine shed?

The shed measures 260mm X 170mm Harkins
it could have been a four road shed if i had found the fourth kit in time
it was hidden in one of the boxes after i had a round up of unwanted items i have gathered together

1 - 5 of 5 Posts