Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wonder if any of you can help me in a remote request. I am trying to get hold of a model of a 'Tilbury Tank' similar to the 'Thundersley' as in Bressingham Gardens near Diss in Norfolk, but with no name or number on. I can't afford to spend a lot, but have seen one kit for one at around £300. I regret to say that is way ott of what I can honestly afford to pay without appearing tight with money. I am on low rate of Incapacity Benefit, so have to be careful with the pennies, never mind the pounds. As long as it is not too big or too expensive, I would seriously LOVE to own one. Maximum size would have to be G gauge please.

·
Registered
303 Posts
There was a whitemetal kit of this loco, known as a Tilbury tank, made in 4mm scale by Nu-Cast. This company does not appear to be trading any more.

You may be able to get one by contacting:

Autocom UK Ltd Unit 7 Chapel Barn Yard, Wylye, Warminster, Wiltshire, BA12 0QQ Tel 01985 248425
Nu-Cast Locomotive Kits, Chassis frames and components.
Catalogue: £1

Also, in the March 2006 RM, the West Coast KIt centre is offering one for £107. Tel 01752 786304

Colombo

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
QUOTE (Colombo @ 11 Apr 2006, 13:47) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>There was a whitemetal kit of this loco, known as a Tilbury tank, made in 4mm scale by Nu-Cast. This company does not appear to be trading any more.

You may be able to get one by contacting:

Autocom UK Ltd Unit 7 Chapel Barn Yard, Wylye, Warminster, Wiltshire, BA12 0QQ Tel 01985 248425
Nu-Cast Locomotive Kits, Chassis frames and components.
Catalogue: £1

Also, in the March 2006 RM, the West Coast KIt centre is offering one for £107. Tel 01752 786304

Colombo

bless you Colombo. I have a copy of that mag nearby and will have a look. Thank you for the help.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts