Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There was a Topic on this DCC forum titled "Hornby Elite has NMRA certificate"

I had put a reply & question to it & was advised this morning that another member had replied & when I went to read it- it has gone.

What has happened to it?
I have sent a PM to Admin but of course it would only be about midnight in the UK/France so i do not expect a reply for a few more hours.

·
Just another modeller
9,983 Posts
QUOTE (pedromorgan @ 21 Nov 2007, 14:39) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>curious.

Is this Dougs way of telling us that the gun was jumped?

Peter

*** If it is he has my 100% agreement - As one of the few who had, in addition to highlighting the problems with first release Hornby Digital spent many hours working in the background to cajole H towards the positive adoption of standards, I had posted a positivey oriented response following your own post however....

I see pulling it as a positive! Such things should be done properly!

If I was Hornby and I had taken steps to resolve something that had given me giref for so long, I think I would be very P...d off that the payground papparazzi had taken it upon themselves to leak the info (that they shouldn't have ever had access to) before I had the chance to announce it in the way that will do most good for my company.

So - if Doug pulled it - A sincere pat on the back for good judgement from me!

Richard.

·
Premium Member
1,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Richard, your response sounds good .

Sol

·
Premium Member
2,650 Posts
From the Hornby website:-

QUOTE An official announcement regarding the NMRA conformance certificate will be made in due course.

Happy modelling
Gary

·
No Longer Active.
13,319 Posts
QUOTE (pedromorgan @ 21 Nov 2007, 05:39) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>curious.

Is this Dougs way of telling us that the gun was jumped?

Peter

Probably - the "news" about the "certificate" was posted on RMWeb on Monday 19th,November @ 12.22 !

·
Premium Member
1,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Gary & Doug, thanks for that.
Gary, can you point me to the part on the Hornby site that refers to this?

·
Premium Member
2,650 Posts
The Hornby Forum administrator has made this comment in one of the topics under discussion in that forum. Hornby may have recognised that it is difficult in this internet age to contain the genie once the lamp has been rubbed! Hornby should hide the polish somewhere where it can't be found!

Its only 10 days now to the Warley National Model Railway Show and only 40 days to the New Year so lets see what transpires over this period.

Happy modelling
Gary

·
Chief mouser
11,775 Posts
I for one am prepared to wait, I hope it is the news we all want to hear but in the meantime I feel we should not get involved in pointless speculation.

Regards

1 - 12 of 12 Posts