Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

New to using tortoise motors. I have on another DCC layout used peco motors with the micro switches on each motor to control the polarity.

Do tortoise motors have switches like the peco one?

If not, I was thinking of maybe using the micro switches with the tortoise motors, somehow having the wire pass through the switch. Anyone have any thoughts?

I'm trying to control everything from the handheld controller, with no toggle switches etc etc.

Cheers

Derek

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
QUOTE (tutorlane @ 6 Sep 2008, 14:48) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hi

New to using tortoise motors. I have on another DCC layout used peco motors with the micro switches on each motor to control the polarity.

Do tortoise motors have switches like the peco one?

If not, I was thinking of maybe using the micro switches with the tortoise motors, somehow having the wire pass through the switch. Anyone have any thoughts?

I'm trying to control everything from the handheld controller, with no toggle switches etc etc.

Cheers

Derek

Worded that poorly!! When I say I have on another DCC layout used peco motors, I mean on a double slip.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Hi
Tortoise motors have two electrically separate pairs of change over contacts fitted as standard.
So, one set can be used for frog switching and the other for whatever you need - signal control, panel indications etc

1 - 4 of 4 Posts