Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,397 Posts
QUOTE (dwb @ 19 Sep 2006, 04:56) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I wouldn't be surprised if carbon trading wasn't at the back of it somewhere. All very large companies are either under pressure, or feel the need, to reduce their 'carbon footprint'. As a manufacturer of carbon producing motor cars, Toyota have a greater need than most to be seen to be doing something about it.

David
Thats probably exactly where it's coming from. It's still a positive move though.

·
Premium Member
7,397 Posts
QUOTE (dwb @ 20 Sep 2006, 02:57) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>>I found this article on the BBC. It seems Tesco are shipping their goods to Scotland using rail now too.
It also got a longish slot on the Today programme this morning. It's an interesting move.

I'm not a sub-editor but, have I missed something in this paragraph:-

"The project is expected to generate £3m of environmental benefits over as many years, according to ministers."

I read that as saying the project is going save £3m in 3m years or one pound a year. I've been backwards through the article but probably because I am looking, I can't find another time period reference.

David
I'm hoping they mean 3 years. Either that or they will be using the rail line for 3 million years!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.